Improve your Bluetooth courtesy of JETware Mobile

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Jason Langridge, who works for Microsoft UK promoting Windows Mobile for corporate use, has just posted a very useful tip on his blog for those of us striving for improved compatability between Windows Mobile devices and Bluetooth car kits (e.g. Parrot, BMW factory fit, Audi MMI etc).

His post refers to the 'JETware Hands-free Extension for Windows Mobile phones', which could be just what you're looking for if you are having issues with the default setup.

Features:

The JETware Hands-free Extension provides additional functionality to the built-in Windows Mobile support for the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile. The Extension allows hands-free devices to:

* Read contacts from the Outlook phonebook (

post-1-1156754097_thumb.jpg

post-1-1156754110_thumb.jpg

post-1-1156754120_thumb.jpg

Guest Kallisti
His post refers to the 'JETware Hands-free Extension for Windows Mobile phones', which could be just what you're looking for if you are having issues with the default setup.

I use this connecting to my Parrot CK3100, and it's great - I get a battery meter, signal meter, name of the network all displayed rather than just the device name. HOWEVER, it has caused problems with my wife's car that's got a CK3000 installed in it. However, I am a few versions back on the firmware, so it's not necessarily an absolute problem, but updating the firmware on a ck3000 is a pita...

Guest JasonKenny

I've been waiting for this for over a year now.

Unfortunately this extension won't work with a SPV c550. The cab file installs successfully but no new features are available on the Parrot unit. I have a CK3100 and have just flashed the latest software to it so that's not the issue.

My phone is decert'ed and unlocked but bizarly when I directly try to run the .exe on the phone I get a message that the phone's security settings will not allow the program to run.

I have emailed Jetware for a solution and will let you know.

If anyone else gets this to work with c550 and a CK3100 then let me know.

JAy

Guest jcostantino

I've been using this for a while with my Cingular 2125 and it works pretty good. I can hear audio through the BT headset and it works with Voice Command for dialing.

The only drawback I see is that TomTom's display seems to become unresponsive while the BT headset is on. Voice prompts come at the right time but the display is speeding up and slowing down 15 seconds behind the actual position.

Guest bluemeat

What I'd like to know is the holy grail of voice dialling. Will it let me use voice command over bluetooth on my universal with the case closed and the device in my pocket.

Guest politby
What I'd like to know is the holy grail of voice dialling. Will it let me use voice command over bluetooth on my universal with the case closed and the device in my pocket.

I used the JETware Mobile Extension with my Qtek 9100 and it works great. However, with my new HTC TyTN it does not work so well - it does something to the Bluetooth functionality so that answering calls with a BT headset (including a Parrot car kit) becomes flaky.

I uninstalled the JET ware extension and the problem disappeared so I know that was it.

/POL

Guest JasonKenny

Reason why Orange phone won't work with the Jet ware software.......

----- Reply to my question as to why an SPV c550 won't work --------

Jason,

I'm afraid that Orange SmartPhones do not allow our software to load.

Orange restricts software on their phones to those that have been signed by

the Orange Partner program.

We have submitted our software to Orange for their approval, but they have

not yet approved it for use on their network. We will update our web site

to indicate Orange support when we obtain that approval.

Regards,

Jim Thatcher

JETware Mobile Software

I recently emailed Jetware regarding the Nokia HS-12W BT headset and support for its features and the reply said they are working on it for a future release. So its worthwhile dropping them an email with any problems so they can hopefully provide a fix.

• 6 months later...
Guest Tomas Kocanda

It does not work on Samsung SGH-i600 (euro version of i607 aka BlackJack), support section on the forum is several days closed with error message ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.