HTC Love and Trinity exposed

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Bengalboy, purveyor of phone scoops and very risque images (note: following links are not work safe), has managed to get the scoop on the forthcoming HTC Love (formerly known as the HTC Artemis) and HTC Trinity handsets!

The full Love post can be found here, and the full Trinity post can be found here (don't say I didn't warn you!). I've included some of the pics below, but check out the original threads for much more. I've also taken the liberty of summarising the spec information that we know for each device.

Oh, the Love is the black one, the Trinity the white one :D

Codename: HTC Love (formerly HTC Artemis)

- Pocket PC Phone Edition

- QVGA 240x320

- 200MHz TI OMAP 850

- 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM

- GPS

- FM Radio (click here to see it in action!

- An onboard mouse! (click here to see it in action!)

Codename: HTC Trinity

Successor to the HTC Prophet!

- NO GPS!

- Pocket PC Phone Edition

- AKU 3

- HSDPA

- QVGA 240x320

- 400MHz Samsung processor (a-la-Hermes)

- 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM

- Shiny white (MoDaCo phone stylee!)

- UMTS with video calling

- miniSD slot

- 2.1 Megapixel Camera

P

bengalboy1.jpg

bengalboy2.jpg

bengalboy3.jpg

Guest Damo86

nice,prefer the look the trinity.

i see the omap is still around..think they cop-on to the fact its too slow(especially its going to be used with demanding gps software)!nothing too special to pull me away from my mini s!any sign of htc universal replacement?

damo

Guest Socrates

Hey, that mouse feature is one of the things I asked for in the recent what do you want for Windows Mobile thread!! Awesome. Not sure about the way the little controller works, would have expectd more of an IBM style joystick and click thing, but this sure goes a long way towards blurring the platforms. If both smartphone and PocketPC had the mouse feature along with other overlapping input methods then there would start to be less and less reason why they would need to actually be different operating systems.

Edited by Socrates

Sure hope that mouse hasnt replaced the touch screen on it! Although the mouse will improve single handed operation. Inbuilt GPS is a huge plus! And yes.. what a pair of sexy devices, although the trinity takes the beauty contest here. (If only the buttons were flush to the device and in that sweet white glossy finish... oo hubba hubba)

Lets hope these are pumped into the market nice and quickly like the Excalibur seems to be... and fingers crossed on Orange UK to pick at least one of them up :D

Love them both. If only they have built in keyboard. A while ago HTC canceled one model, the one with the 4 GB harddrive. Which is that? Also, how about the dmb-v (or whatever TV) one?

Guest Sonicr360

Cannot say that I miss the mouse pointer, or would want one on a PPC / Phone Edition. Watching the video more over, seems to show there could be an issue with the way its controlled - also, seems a bit close to the buttons for my liking! Especially if you have fat thumbs (which I dont!)

Guest leshemnoam

they don't call it the "holy" Trinity for nothing...i want one, i want one..any idea if it's on the cards for t-mob in the uk? and when? up for a upgrade at the end of the year so i'm in no rush but would sleep better knowing they are still on the ball...

Guest The Doctor
Love them both. If only they have built in keyboard. A while ago HTC canceled one model, the one with the 4 GB harddrive. Which is that? Also, how about the dmb-v (or whatever TV) one?

The HTC Muse/Melody? It hasn't got a HDD, but it does have 4Gb of NAND Flash Memory.

nooooooooooooooo! the white body looks plastic!!!!!!!! you'd never get the branding off!!! you'll be stuck with this HATEFUL BLUE label practically shouting i-Mate at you! :D

Or a HUGE orange square for that matter.....

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest Pondrew

Funny. I prefer the looks of the Artemis, contrary to the opinion of most on here it seems. Have you guys not noticed that the Trinity is one fat handset?! Seems just as thick if not thicker then the Hermes.

The OMAP processor will of course mean it's not packing 3G in any way shape or form though which is a real shame but with GPS you would want the most power efficient solution to begin with...

Guest leshemnoam
Funny. I prefer the looks of the Artemis, contrary to the opinion of most on here it seems. Have you guys not noticed that the Trinity is one fat handset?! Seems just as thick if not thicker then the Hermes.

The OMAP processor will of course mean it's not packing 3G in any way shape or form though which is a real shame but with GPS you would want the most power efficient solution to begin with...

to each his own about taste...

but comparing it's dimensions off Google, it thinner then the HTC Prophet by 0.2 mm so i don't think you can call it fat...

Guest peekie

The Trinity is coming to orange in holland from october so it should make it to the uk , but having said that it might not as in holland we missed out on the M3100 , so you brits will have to keep your fingers crossed or get a cheap flight with easyjet to holland and get one yourselfs :D

Guest Pondrew

Maybe it's just the perspective in the photo but the Trinity does look fatter then the Love (think I preferred the name Artemis!) to me...

Oh, and yeah Paul, I noticed the Trinity still features 3G and hence the Samsung processor rather then the TI one. Hoping we get to see Texas Intruments new processor with integrated UTMS soon...

Guest sporkguy

I'm certainly liking the inclusion of the trackball on the Love - one step closer to true one-hand operation of PPC Phones without having to use my grubby fingers :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.