Vario II Krusell Case

Guest Palindrome

Guest Palindrome

Krusell don't seem to have a case for the Vario II, or any of the Tytn derivatives. Does anyone know of information, or even rumours relating to this? Hopefully there will be more accessories released as we progress towards the end of the year.

Guest bydandie
Krusell don't seem to have a case for the Vario II, or any of the Tytn derivatives. Does anyone know of information, or even rumours relating to this? Hopefully there will be more accessories released as we progress towards the end of the year.

Take a look here mate. Some of our guys have discovered some Wizard/Magician cases that already work on the TyTYN/Hermes.

Edited by bydandie

Guest Pompey

I actually like the vinyl case that comes with the phone, however if I could get exactly the same one in a more luxuriant leather I'd be even happier. Does anyone know which of the Krussel holster cases would be an exact/snug fit?

Cheers

Guest Palindrome

Here's some direct links to Tytn cases:

Alu-Leather Case (HTC TyTN Series) - Book Type

Alu-Leather case (O2 XDA Trion/MDA Vario II/i-mate JASJAM/Qtek 9600/HTC TyTN/Dopod CHT9000) - Flip Type

Noreve HTC TyTN - Qtek 9600 - SPV M3100 Tradition leather case

The case that came with the phone doesn't allow me enough access to buttons or the screen so I can play/pause, adjust volume and skip backwards and forwards when MP3ing it. Ideally, a headset that could control these functions (or be mapped to other buttons) would mean less need to have more access to the phone.

Edited by Palindrome

Guest richard_d

I don't mind the case that came with the phone, but I'd ideally like one with a belt loop rather than clip. I've had a look at small camera cases, but can't find anything quite right.

Guest PaulWayne
I don't mind the case that came with the phone, but I'd ideally like one with a belt loop rather than clip. I've had a look at small camera cases, but can't find anything quite right.

I have the same problem as I often find that the clip can ride up and the phone fall off especially if I am riding a bike.

I went into my local leather repair shop to see if they would put a loop on the standard case but they could not manage it. I finally found a universal case badged "Hero" at Marble Arch here in London. the phone fits very well and the loop is excellent although the leather quality is not great.

Let us know if you track down anything similar .

Guest richard_d
I have the same problem as I often find that the clip can ride up and the phone fall off especially if I am riding a bike.

I went into my local leather repair shop to see if they would put a loop on the standard case but they could not manage it. I finally found a universal case badged "Hero" at Marble Arch here in London. the phone fits very well and the loop is excellent although the leather quality is not great.

Let us know if you track down anything similar .

Jessops had a small Samsonite leather pouch that fits well in all directions apart from depth. The Lowe Pro Rezo 20 isn't a bad fit, but unlike the slightly too small Rezo 15, has a zip closure unfortunately. I noticed Krussel do large non-modelspecific cases, but I'm not sure i want to gamble on how good a fit they are - it's a shame because i find the krussell belt loop works well.

Guest Pompey

In response to my email:

Dear Karl,

thank you for your e-mail and interest in our products!

We are still working on the design for this device, we estimate to be able to release the case in about 8 weeks.

Best regards,

Krusell International

Guest Palindrome
I got the Proporta flip case today... very nice it is too!

That's good to hear as I ordered one on Monday. I'm a paranoid wreck at the moment without any protection for my Vario II.

Guest richard_d
That's good to hear as I ordered one on Monday. I'm a paranoid wreck at the moment without any protection for my Vario II.

The case looks nice. I see that it comes with an optional belt clip - does anyone know whether proporta sell a belt loop that would take the same fixing, or whether the fixing is the same as Krussels?

Guest Palindrome

Got mine today. Sadly it's not possible to have the headphones plugged in with the case closed but it's still quite a nice case. Here's some more photos of the case in action...

post-3456-1157200018_thumb.jpg

Guest richard_d

Found a cheap option in Tesco - their small 'value' camera case fits the vario2 pretty well and has the belt loop - only basic cordura though so only offers minimal impact protection, but at 3.97 might be worth a look.

@palindrome

Where did you get that case (store name ) or online link if possible please

and how much did it cost.

Also with the clear plastic thing covering up the keyboard can you still use the keyboard to type emails with it in its case or do you have to remove it everytime you want to type something on the keyboard?

JEREMY

Guest gurujockstrap

Does that Proporta flip case you have Paul come with a belt clip sticking out the back?

I'd like a case that would cover the phone but allow me to stick it in my pockets. I quite like the default case but that clip on the back is awkward.