Push email options for M3100 / TyTn / Hermes

Guest m3100tony

Any other "push" email options other than emoze? Preferably free, compatible with gmail or orange.net, and preferably not relying on the home connection.

One of the most popular services in recent months has been the free push mail from Mail2Web; I signed up for it not long after I got the AKU2 update for my M5000 (March?) and have been using it to retrieve my Orange and Gmail messages quite happily.

Check this link for instructions on how to sign up for it etc...

HTH, Mark.

Guest mwright
One of the most popular services in recent months has been the free push mail from Mail2Web; I signed up for it not long after I got the AKU2 update for my M5000 (March?) and have been using it to retrieve my Orange and Gmail messages quite happily.

HTH, Mark.

I have been using alwaysonmail for quite a while - works pretty well as far as I can tell.

Take a look at https://www.alwaysonmail.com/product_info.html - internet edition is free

Guest m3100tony

HTH, Mark.

Ta Mark. Do you need to pay the blackberry enterprise server add on fees for push email with that solution? (9,95 $ / month) and does it need anything installed on a PC?

Thanks

tony

Ta Mark. Do you need to pay the blackberry enterprise server add on fees for push email with that solution? (9,95 $ / month) and does it need anything installed on a PC?

Thanks

tony

I've never gotten involved with "Blackberries" (only the fruit ones that come in pies :D ), but to quote the page on the Mail2Web site.....

(Page : http://services.mail2web.com/FreeServices/.../Blackberry.asp)

All current BlackBerry Wireless Handheld models with a subscription from a wireless service provider

For Desktop management of your service, BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 3.6 SP2 or later is required.

For BES 4.0 features, Desktop Manager 4.0 or later is required

An active mail2web.com Personal Exchange, Business Exchange or Mail2Web LIVE account

For BES 4.0 features, 4.x Firmware is required on your BlackBerry device

By the look of things, if you sign your Blackberry up for $9.95/month and you've got the latest firmware, you should be fine; the only thing that needs to be installed (optionally) on your PC is the BES Manager software which, assuming you're a Blakberry ES user already, you'll probably be licensed for?

There are probably other people on the forum better qualified to answer questions about Blackberry devices - and even some who've implemented this solution - so you should get some other responses.

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest m3100tony
That said, if you're using mail2web's service (as I have for the past week), follow the instructions here:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...68&Itemid=3

and you don't need to pay them for a Blackberry service - just use the phone's push e-mail ability to do it for free!

I am a cheapskate - I know!! :D

Will mail2web always be free?

Do I assume you don't need any server either? Mail2web just checks yours pop mail (is there an interval you can set?) and forwards it to your push mail?

Do you think mail2web will always be free?

Thanks

Note that with the free version of mail2web, you can't set your own 'Reply To' address. This means that if you reply to any mails that get pushed to you from them or send any mails through this service, the recipient will see your '[email protected]' email address instead.

Guest Dr Who
Note that with the free version of mail2web, you can't set your own 'Reply To' address. This means that if you reply to any mails that get pushed to you from them or send any mails through this service, the recipient will see your '[email protected]' email address instead.

If you are using exchange on your device you need to setup exchange in Outlook as well, right? So ALL emails you send from your device OR from Outlook on your desktop/laptop will appear to originate from mail2web, right???

If you are using exchange on your device you need to setup exchange in Outlook as well, right? So ALL emails you send from your device OR from Outlook on your desktop/laptop will appear to originate from mail2web, right???

The free version of mail2web exchange doesn't allow you to use your Outlook client to connect to the service so you will have to use their own web interface. Which means unless you upgrade to the version you pay for you're e-mails will come from the .mail2web.com domain

Edited by stern

Guest Dr Who
The free version of mail2web exchange doesn't allow you to use your Outlook client to connect to the service so you will have to use their own web interface. Which means unless you upgrade to the version you pay for you're e-mails will come from the .mail2web.com domain

Ah, OK. Cheers Stern. Hmmm, I think if I went for this I would want to synchronise my laptop Outlook AND send emails from Pocket Outlook NOT via a web interface.

Not quite sold on this whole Push gubbins yet, anyway. The sync functions sound nice though.