mp3 transfer problems

Guest hyedipin

Guest hyedipin

I have SDA from t-mobile, and this wasn't a problem until recently. Whenever I am transferring Mp3s from my laptop to the SDA it gets stuck somewhere in the middle, hten I have to disconnect cable, turn off and reboot the SDA and connect, wait for AS to connect then try again, only to have the same problem..

I am using active sync 4.1.0

thanks.

Guest pd.ryder

Are you using WMP10 (or 11beta) to transfer the files, or are you drag/dropping them onto the storage card via Windows Explorer?

I had a couple of problems along these lines after upgrading to WMP10 when I tried to drag 'n' drop mp3's onto the storage card. It's best to open WMP, then connect the device, then click 'Sync' again on ActiveSync (don't ask me why!) and finally build a sync list within WMP. All went well from there....

:D

Guest hyedipin

Thanks guys.

I went ahead and upgraded AS to the last version 4.3 or something like that. I haven't tried yet, but my other problem was the playlists.. It is so stupid on WMP on WM5 that it picks up mp3 ringtones and all that crap when I search the device and that there is absolutely NO way to create playlists on WM5.

I will install WMP11 and I will try to create the playlist on my PC, THEN sync it to the SDA, hopefully it will sync with playlists.. What is your solution for playlists? I hate having to set up the list each time when I add new albums to my 1GB miniSD.

Thanks again!