Vario 2 Bluetooth useless!

Guest magic_alex

Guest magic_alex

Am i the only person struggling with Bluetooth on the Vario 2?!?!?

All i wanna do is pair it with my old xda2i so i can zap a few files over but i just can get them to sync up ive been messing around with it or over anhour now and it just wont have any of it. The vario recognisesthat the xda2i wants to connect but when i enter the correct passkey it doesnt actually creat a connection its a complete joke

Is there any bluetooth management software i can download that will do a decent job of it!!!

Guest magic_alex
Why bother?

Just copy the files to a PC and then onto the new device, surely?

yeah thats what i'm doing but i been away from my pc all day and it would have been nice to do itwhen i wanted to between the two devices earlier on today

My point is why is Bluetooth so useless in general on this phone what happens next time somebody wants to bluetooth a file to me "oh hang on mate can you email it to me so i can save it to my pc and put it in my synced files folder and active sync it to my phone"

Do me a favour!!!

Guest Dr Who
Am i the only person struggling with Bluetooth on the Vario 2?!?!?

All i wanna do is pair it with my old xda2i so i can zap a few files over but i just can get them to sync up ive been messing around with it or over anhour now and it just wont have any of it. The vario recognisesthat the xda2i wants to connect but when i enter the correct passkey it doesnt actually creat a connection its a complete joke

Is there any bluetooth management software i can download that will do a decent job of it!!!

Have you made sure the accept incoming beams setting is on in beam? Default seems to be on but worth checking.

Guest magic_alex
Have you made sure the accept incoming beams setting is on in beam? Default seems to be on but worth checking.

Yeah ive tried it with accept all incoing beams checked but it makes no difference the two devices refuse to pair.

The Vario recognises that the xda wants to communicate but nothing happens after the passkey is accepted.

Ive done everything i need to do via my pc and active sync but its still doesnt get round the problem with Bluetooth if i need to use bluetooth in future im shafted by the looks of it.

God help me when i eventually get round to using my headset and TomTom!

I've successfully paired with a bluetooth stereo headset, and also with my PC over bluetooth. Both worked first time. Haven't tried with another device though.

Have you tried the other way around (i.e. get the Vario to discover the xda and pair that way)

I've had no problems sending files between my BA and my TyTN. I dont have to pair the two devices - I just make sure BT is on and discoverable on the receiving device, tap-and-hold on the file to be sent and select Beam file. The receiving device will show up in the list of devices, then just tap to send.

Guest wrxppp

Your not the only one. I,ve come from an XDA2 with WM2003 and BT set ups were easy.

On my Vario2 3 get an initial handshake after entering the CORRECT passkey and then the pair is severed after 3 secs.

I then cannot simply connect, even though the device can be seen.

I assumed that when two BT units saw each other then WM05 put up a screen to ask if connection should go ahead?

I have a feeling that I'll kick myself when I hear the answer.

Any dummy guides to WM05 BT other than the useless manual and Windows website?

Guest magic_alex
Your not the only one. I,ve come from an XDA2 with WM2003 and BT set ups were easy.

On my Vario2 3 get an initial handshake after entering the CORRECT passkey and then the pair is severed after 3 secs.

I then cannot simply connect, even though the device can be seen.

I assumed that when two BT units saw each other then WM05 put up a screen to ask if connection should go ahead?

I have a feeling that I'll kick myself when I hear the answer.

Any dummy guides to WM05 BT other than the useless manual and Windows website?

You know whats really weird though, i didnt touch my vario2 all day yesterday and then when i got home from work just for the hell of it i switched on Bluetooth on both devices didnt bother messing around with beams or trying to pair etc and just selected a file off my xda2i and clicked send via bluetooth and it went straight away BUT when i then tried to create a connection between the two in BT Manager it still wouldnt have any of it!!!

Ive done all the file swapping i needed to do via active sync and infra red now but it would still be nice to know what to do in the future when i need to use bluetooth again!

Guest SeaneyC

If you're only sending a few files now and again between 2 devices i don't really understand the need to pair them? When sending files to my mates i just select them in file explorer then beam and wait for their device to come up and then select. Easy!