Windows Live Mobile Beta 2 on M3100

Guest AaronW

Guest AaronW

I am a beta tester but I can't get this installed on the storage card, only onboard memory. It does not prompt you where to install as it does with other apps. Has anyone managed to get this installed on the Storage Card?

BTW, BETA 2 is just out and it looks good. :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, you need to install to onboard memory, if you check out the release notes or the beta newsgroup, you'll note it's a known issue.

It UPX's pretty well tho if u wanna save space :D

P

Got the thing installed fine, but beware! It will try and import all your MSN contacts into your phonebook! Most annoying when you have somewhere in the region of 400 MSN contacts!!!

Guest Laser_iCE

Heh ... Yeah ... That really pissed me off. So, I had two options ... Delete all the MSN contacts and render them useless or to edit my contacts so that all my information for each person was into their fitting MSN Contact... Still deciding ;\

Have you managed to connect to live through wifi?

I have installed the beta onto my m3100 and it works like a dream, but only when connected to my 3g account. I cannot connect to messenger through my wifi connection.

The device connects to my wifi normally and i can check emails and surf the net etc, but just cannot connect to messenger live - it errors saying there is a problem with the service or internet connection...

Any Ideas?

Cheers.

Guest ClintEastman
Have you managed to connect to live through wifi?

I have installed the beta onto my m3100 and it works like a dream, but only when connected to my 3g account. I cannot connect to messenger through my wifi connection.

The device connects to my wifi normally and i can check emails and surf the net etc, but just cannot connect to messenger live - it errors saying there is a problem with the service or internet connection...

Any Ideas?

Cheers.

Same thing here, time for a bug report? :D

Guest mthomas50
Same thing here, time for a bug report? :D

It works on mine (I'm using it now) but it does try to connect thru the phone network even if I am connected thru wifi. if I cancel the attempted connecttion to 3G or GPRS it does use the existing connection and work ok. Not ideal and still worth a bug report

MT

Guest jimbouk
It works on mine (I'm using it now) but it does try to connect thru the phone network even if I am connected thru wifi. if I cancel the attempted connecttion to 3G or GPRS it does use the existing connection and work ok. Not ideal and still worth a bug report

MT

Beta 1 did that too.

All

I have made some progress with this.

It seems that my firewall has been blocking messenger live mobile.

I disabled the firewall and it connected through the wifi no problems. :D

I did however have to go into settings>connections>advanced>select networks> i changed "programs that automatically connect to the internet" to connect to my ISP. This stops the device trying to connect to 3g when signing in.

All i can assume from this, is that the mobile version of live uses different ports to connect to the msn service. I can connect through the firewall fine with the standard desktop version.

Anyone got any ideas on the ports that mobile messenger uses?

• 2 weeks later...

hello.

i'm in a worse situation..

Messenger doesn't connect my all means.. neither Wi-Fi, or GPRS, or 3G, or Synced with my notebook...

tha's strange.... i can't get windows live mail, or messenger, it says i must have a problem with my internet connection

but it's working fine...

any ideas??

Guest mthomas50
hello.

i'm in a worse situation..

Messenger doesn't connect my all means.. neither Wi-Fi, or GPRS, or 3G, or Synced with my notebook...

tha's strange.... i can't get windows live mail, or messenger, it says i must have a problem with my internet connection

but it's working fine...

any ideas??

Yes, the Windows Live Mobile client is currently disabled while updates and new features are added. It should be back in a couple of days but you'll prob need to update your client with a new version...

But of course being part of the beta program you already know this i'm sure :D

Guest The Doctor

another thing that annoys me about WLM is that it saves all the contact photos to your internal storage. so by the end of it i have something like 150 files taking up 2mb of precious phone storage on my 8310! looked high and low for a tweak for this but cant find anything that will allow me to get it to save them to the storage card.

Phil

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Yes, the Windows Live Mobile client is currently disabled while updates and new features are added. It should be back in a couple of days but you'll prob need to update your client with a new version...

But of course being part of the beta program you already know this i'm sure :D

For once, I AM actually part of the official beta group, and I hadnt realised they were locking it out!

Guest spacerace

Website is currently saying it won't be back until "late next week"

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone can point me in the right direction to download / sign-up for this I would be grateful

I signed up for the mobile email beta, which I thought was average at best.