Using a non T-Mobile HTTP proxy

Guest julianmclean

also could any of the people compaining of push email and pop email problems also give this a try and see if you still get the same problems? as i know push email is a big isue for some people...

Works fine for me, with a mail2web account.

Works fine for me, with a mail2web account.

I fixed my pop problems - I had the account configured to use "The Internet" rather than "T-mobile Internet". For some reason (don't know quite why), when I changed this, it worked.

Guest mattie01

paul (prob not my place to say but..)

is it maybe worth making this a news item? (or general t-mob internet) as it would seem to me this tweak will help not just the hermes/3G users but anyone on t-mob be it 3G/HSPDA/GPRS...

Guest mattie01
Sorry, had to do some work. Yes I'm on T-mobile.

Still won't work

that is strange.. you could always try deleting the edited connection and making a new one, see if that helps,

i take it its connecting fine just not browsing and that your original t-mob internet connection still works when selected?

Guest Candidhat
Any non-Plus members that would sign up to Plus for a dedicated UK based proxy?

P

Paul, I would certainly stump up for plus membership for this feature alone!

I've been following the topic on the train using 3G. It was a nightmare 'locating' the page and load times were a bit slow - anything to improve it would be welcome!

Guest Syphon Filter

I fixed my pop3 issues by ensuring the proxt test connection is the one selected for the email accounts as per sparkys post.

pipex dns and webcache are making a world of difference for me too.

okay thanks paul. (i'm on t-mobile) i'll put the proxy back in and run the test again afew times as I am currently getting over 1mb constantly without it.

removing the pipex proxy but keeping the following dns entries 158.43.240.4 / 62.241.160.200 means the speedtest is over 1mb all the time. putting the proxy back in and the speed is around 320kbs.

anyone else performed a speedtest?

Guest Syphon Filter

using the pipex proxy I can not do hotmail account (pocket msn/pocket outlook based) send and receives...this again is must for me...

Guest FragMeister

Having changed onto the pipex proxy, the speed improvement on my gprs only MDA Compact is so great, I might not even bother getting a Vario II!!!

Thanks Paul et al.

removing the pipex proxy but keeping the following dns entries 158.43.240.4 / 62.241.160.200 means the speedtest is over 1mb all the time. putting the proxy back in and the speed is around 320kbs.

anyone else performed a speedtest?

Just done one with both pipex dns/prox and got 770kbs which is the same as I get with the Level 3 dns/French proxy. For me it's not worth considering no proxy at the moment, because although it might hit 1.2mbs the 30 second wait for 'opening' makes it useless IMHO.

Guest Syphon Filter
No, IIRC it does a WebDav based protocol over HTTP, can't see why the proxy would stop it.

P

I meant to say it doesn't do a pop. but judging from your reply you figured that out...

still doesn't work tho! it could just be the proxy blocking the requests?

Guest fantastic_mr_q

I am on Tmobile and have a Vario 2 now, Yay (So worth the upgrade) I have tried the pipex proxy and have found it is much much faster, Am now having a problem with my Windows Live Messenger, Agile works fine, going to investigate and see why, anyone else had problems?

Pop3 is working fine also.