Vario II on GNER

Guest peekbee

Guest peekbee

Hi Folks,

I've had my Vario II for about a week now and must say I'm very happy with it.

Opera particularly is good, much better that PIE imho.

Is anyone else here using it on the East Coast line on GNER or Thameslink (or whatever it's called these days)? I've not found 3G to be that good really (between Grantham and Kings Cross) and just wondered whether it's down to the phone, T-mobile, or that I'm simple expecting too much?

Any views appreciated.

Cheers,

PeekBee

Hi Folks,

I've had my Vario II for about a week now and must say I'm very happy with it.

Is anyone else here using it on the East Coast line on GNER or Thameslink (or whatever it's called these days)? I've not found 3G to be that good really (between Grantham and Kings Cross) and just wondered whether it's down to the phone, T-mobile, or that I'm simple expecting too much?

Any views appreciated.

Cheers,

PeekBee

Most likely a network limitation caused by the handover between each of the network cells as you travel through them. Is the speed any better when you are stationary in the same area, eg at a station while you're waiting for the train to arrive?

Guest peekbee

Cheers Matho,

There's only the one stop at Peterborough. I'll take a look on my way home tonight wjilst I'm waiting at the station.

GPRS is generally fine, with some level of access on most of the line, it's just 3G that I'm not getting. It's fine from my office with 3 or 4 bars on 3G.

PeeKBee

Guest gingerprince

Seems Opera isn't free though, like it is on some phones. Only available as a 14 day trial!

Guest richard_d
Seems Opera isn't free though, like it is on some phones. Only available as a 14 day trial!

Opera Mini is free and works well enough for me.

Guest Dr Who

The worst line for receoption I have ever been on is the London Euston to Wigan line. I never had even voice reception for more than about 30 seconds. Very frustrating.

Guest peekbee

Well I'm on the train writing this and all seems well. I'm getting much better 3G reception this evening, go figure?

This baby is just a joy to play with.

BTW called T-Mobile earlier and got the extra fiver a month of my Flext25, even though the offer started after I signed up and I'm out of the 7 day cooling off period. I'm a happy bunnykins.