Volume controls and Icons

Hi

Im new to all this so bear with me,

on the top bar of the vario there is a volume icon when clicked it gives me a device volume (i presume its that as it seems to affect all noise) and a phone call volume

is there an application or a way of individually controlling volume for things without having to resort to the main device volume eg im thinking of music with windows media player or TCPMP if while listening to music reasonably loud an email comes in it deafens me and if i turn it down to the level where it would just let out a normal SMS recieved style sound then the music is too soft

ive got TCPMP and media players volume on 100% already

any ideas if this is possible

also on the BOTTOM of the screen just above the right softkey there are icons for the battery and the communication manager. any idea how i remove these as ive got shortcuts set up in SPB pocket plus for these and i could use the screen real estate

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

also on the BOTTOM of the screen just above the right softkey there are icons for the battery and the communication manager. any idea how i remove these as ive got shortcuts set up in SPB pocket plus for these and i could use the screen real estate

JEREMY

not sure about the volume, but you can certainly get rid of the battery and comm manager icons. Have a look in "Paul's must have FREE Hermes software" thread [here] for this and many other tweaks.

Edited by matho

Guest richard_d
Any ideas on the volume thing

Jeremy

No ideas - sorry I'm freshly over from the dark side (symbian) and would like to have the ringtone at full volume and other sounds more muted. Hopefully someone else might have a fix.

my last phone was a sony ericcson NON smart phone K750i so at least you are sort of there HEEHHE im completely in from the dark but going back to the topic it must be possible surely

ANYONE !!!

JEREMY