New 8500 ROM available

Guest Metoo

Some doubt over wether it is actually newer than the Expansys shipped version as well - my phone already shows 1.02.252.1

Edit: beat me to it :D

It's always possible they've supplied a reverted a version to Expansys to exclude some bugs. Often happens with mobile phone firmware. Or the 252/251 are just different region/branding codes? HTC have previously stated their intention to bring out a USA specific version.

Edit 2: That latter may well be the case - the iMate Smartflip has 1.2.301.2 and the Dopod S300 1.2.709.1.

Edited by Metoo

Guest paholman

Personally I think it's worth downloading anyway. Should you decided to CID unlock your QTEK, and load another ROM such as the imate or dopod, then at least this one from Expansys is available to go back to. Download it now, before they remove it. That's what I say :D

Personally I think it's worth downloading anyway. Should you decided to CID unlock your QTEK, and load another ROM such as the imate or dopod, then at least this one from Expansys is available to go back to. Download it now, before they remove it. That's what I say :D

True, it is worth archiving for posterity. Until the file size error of the bootloader is fixed, it's not much use for anything else :D

Edit: Seems that instead of looking into why the update doesn't work, or answering any of the other perfectly valid questions on the forum, Expansys have simply locked the thread. What a bunch of cowboys. :D

Edited by Metoo

Guest briboynyc
True, it is worth archiving for posterity. Until the file size error of the bootloader is fixed, it's not much use for anything else :D

Edit: Seems that instead of looking into why the update doesn't work, or answering any of the other perfectly valid questions on the forum, Expansys have simply locked the thread. What a bunch of cowboys. :D

sorry to disappoint everyone but that ROM is a test ROM for the qtek and it doesnt fix the missed calls. Its been out for several months now and has been tested and doesnt fix any of the problems associated with this phone. Stick with the Imate or Dopod ROM

sorry to disappoint everyone but that ROM is a test ROM for the qtek and it doesnt fix the missed calls. Its been out for several months now and has been tested and doesnt fix any of the problems associated with this phone. Stick with the Imate or Dopod ROM

The test build was 1.02.251.2 not 1.02.251.1. Not that it matters, because as you say, it doesn't fix any of issues. That said, my main gripe is with Expansys' response to their customers since the files were uploaded. Makes me seriously think about where I put my spend in future.

Guest Doomstalk

Supposedly that ROM is only for Dangaard sourced phones, and won't work with Brightpoint hardware.

EDIT: Yoni seems to be full of it on this one. Just verified via Brightpoint's site that I do NOT have one of their handsets. That leads me to believe the file is just bad.

Edited by Doomstalk

Guest hollinshead
Supposedly that ROM is only for Dangaard sourced phones, and won't work with Brightpoint hardware.

EDIT: Yoni seems to be full of it on this one. Just verified via Brightpoint's site that I do NOT have one of their handsets. That leads me to believe the file is just bad.

Can you get your IMEI to work on the other site though?

http://www.qtekcorp.com/support.aspx

My IMEI won't work on either! :D

Guest Doomstalk

Actually, I re-downloaded the file and got the ROM to work. I need to do some more extensive testing, but it looks like it fixes the hibernation issue. I left my phone on my desk all night, and when I called from my landline this morning it rang! I'll keep you guys updated.

EDIT: Oh and I can't get my IMEI to fit there, but if I leave off the last two digits (my IMEI is 358167000XXXXXX00 so it shows as 358167000XXXXXX) I get this message:

Please visit the website : http://www.teleservice.com

Teleservice (www.teleservice.com) is only to be contacted upon Warranty/Repair issues. This s NOT a hotline/Customer care support."

The serial gives the same message.

Edited by Doomstalk

Sorry.... how is it possible to CID unlock the phone?

I find a method for 8300, but it don't works on 8500 (or, maybe, I'm not so skilled to do it :D )

Thanks

Guest Doomstalk

An update for all you people with Dangaard-sourced 8500s: I've been running the ROM for 3 days now, and I haven't missed a call yet. It looks like the bug is fixed. Sadly it also looks like they pulled the update. Here it is on my webspace, though: http://vaio.telekawaru.com/~doomstalk/qtek...eur_ship_r2.exe

Don't know if your phone is Dangaard or not? Try these sites:

http://www.qtekcorp.com/support.aspx - Your whole IMEI may not fit, but the last two digits should be zeroes which you can leave off. If it tells you to visit www.teleservice.com, you've got a Dangaard phone, and can use the firmware update.

http://www.myqtek.com/europe/support/support_form.aspx - If you are able to submit a support request using your IMEI, you've got a Brightpoint sourced phone. If that's the case, you'll have to wait for them to supply you with an update.

Edited by Doomstalk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paholman

Looks like Expansys have reposted the QTEK 8500 ROM : See here

Rom version 1.02.252.1

It's the same version that the QTEk 8500 comes installed with from Expansys, but a good opportunity to download as a backup, should you decide to try another Carrier's ROM such as imate, Cingular or Dopod.

I believe this version still has the missed calls issue for those in the U.S

My Cingular 3125 indicates it's running ROM version 2.4.502.0 and I'm still missing calls.

WTH?

To be honest, if your phone is not responding to incoming calls, then just send it back. After all, what else is a phone supposed to do? It's clearly not fit for purpose, and HTC/Qtek have dragged their feet far too long enough on this one. Don't be fobbed off by endless promises of a ROM update. They've had since July to fix this issue and they've done b*gger all. If your phone doesn't work, hit them where it hurts and demand a full refund. Maybe then HTC will snap out of their current complacency in shipping shoddy goods (Part 94 - see TyTN/Hermes screen alignment / battery issues).

Edited by Metoo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Has anyone tested the latest ROM realease published by Expansys UK?

Any bug fixing, or enhancement ?

Is this ROM release OK for any Qtek 8500, regardless of where/from which supplier it was purchased?

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

• 4 months later...
Guest zmeikov

I tried a couple of ROMS and I get a VENDER ID error. What should I do? How can I identify my phone's manifacturer and download the right rom update