What do i point SPB pocket plus too to have a shortcut for MSN Messenger on the "Today Screen" in a tab

Hi

Ive just bought SPB pocket Plus and i must say its an amazing program so much so i bought SPB diary as well.

Ive been adding lots of tabs and organising my programs but im a little bit stuck. Normally if i want to make a shortcut to a program i say new then select the program i want from the programs list. this works fine for nearly all programs except MSN Messenger where i only have just the outer shell which brings up other options like hotmail as well. If i wanted a "shortcut" to just point to the MSN messenger executable where would i find it or what would i do.

Thanks

On another note ive got another post around here somewhere is it possible to have the volume for different things at different volumes. Ie Ringtone on Maximum but the rest of the phone volume (clicks and when i listen to music a bit more muted) cos at the moment i only see the phone call volume and the device volume setting sliders and the device volume to get it as loud as id like when listening to music means im deafened if a text message comes in or if i set it up for text messages on the second bar up its too quite for music and yes media player is on 100% volume already

Help

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

Guest jimbouk

I have the windows live messenger beta and this gives you two programs you can select in SPB Pocket Plus, Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Mobile.

Doesn't Pocket MSN give you the same choice?

With regards to volume, I dont know of a way to differentiate in the OS, but perhaps a workaround would be to set the volume level where you want it and then use quieter wavs for the texts etc?

First of all thanks for replying

Ive done that for now on the volume thing but its not ideal also of the two volumes phone and device

what things does phone volume slider control ( ie is it only phone conversations and alerts (email and text) cos i get an in call volume which seems different to the phone volume slider when im actually on the phone or is it other things and i have it wrong!)

Also if i have device volume set to 0 or the lowest slider option will the phone still alert me at a reasonably loud volume if someone rings me and texts email (will be testing this out in a short while )

As for SPB plus when i click add icon the only choice i have in the list of programs in the main MSN thing which brings up another window with hotmail messenger etc etc i dont seem to have a link for the direct msn messenger proggie

do you know what EXE file i should point to instead if i was to try and have an icon in one of my tabs direct to msn messenger rather than going through the MSN other window if not its not the end of the world i just thought it must be possible

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

Guest jimbouk

When you click the volume control on the top bar, the left hand slider controls the main speaker and thus dictates all alerts, rings, etc. The right hand slider is purely for the phone ear speaker and thus controls the volume in the standard phone earpiece and the volume to any headset (bt or wired).

The jogwheel performs many functions. One is as a cursor when not using sound, two is as a loudspeaker volume control when appropriate (eg when playing media files or listening to satnav instructions) and three as a headset speaker control during a call.

Interestingly, previous wm5 devices used to switch to silent mode when you slid the left hand slider to the bottom, but on the hermes it shows the icon for speaker on in this position.