Self-Signed SSL certificates in Exchange

Guest DaBeeeenster

Guest DaBeeeenster

Hi,

I had a useful cab for my Orange M500 that allowed you to sync over SSL with exchange even if it had a self-signed certificate. It doesnt work for my Vario II - does a cab exist that fixes this?

Ta

Ben

Guest The Lazy Slug
Hi,

I had a useful cab for my Orange M500 that allowed you to sync over SSL with exchange even if it had a self-signed certificate. It doesnt work for my Vario II - does a cab exist that fixes this?

Ta

Ben

Had a little problem myself on this. You might want to try establishing a Non-SSL link to your exchange server using ActiveSync on your desktop. Once you have it up and running, copy the cert to you Vario II and open it with file explorer. Open ActiveSync and edit the server setting to use SSL.

Regards

Slug

Guest DaBeeeenster
Had a little problem myself on this. You might want to try establishing a Non-SSL link to your exchange server using ActiveSync on your desktop. Once you have it up and running, copy the cert to you Vario II and open it with file explorer. Open ActiveSync and edit the server setting to use SSL.

Regards

Slug

Sorry, you lost me on the first sentence! I have active sync and direct push working fine over non-ssl...

Guest randomelements

My Vario II was cert unlocked so all I did was copy the root certificate to the phone and run it in File Explorer to add it to the trusted list.

Download your root cert from http(s)://yourdomain.com/certsrv - save it as a .cer file and then copy it to your phone.

Guest andyhud
My Vario II was cert unlocked so all I did was copy the root certificate to the phone and run it in File Explorer to add it to the trusted list.

Download your root cert from http(s)://yourdomain.com/certsrv - save it as a .cer file and then copy it to your phone.

You may find that may or may not work... I had problems even with my root cert.... I ended up buying a cert from www.godaddy.com called a "turbo SSL" cert for $19.99.... its trusted by www.valicert.com which is already trusted on the phone and works well... (if only I could get my directpush to work!)

Andy