Watch my MCE vids/TV via internet

Guest msiviter

Guest msiviter

I want to watch/ control my Win 2005 MCE PC at home (internet connected) on my M5000 PPC whilst in hotel rooms etc over their wireless internet connections (and 3G if poss). I want a software solution with 1 off payment not a wanky subscription thing. The ability to sift through the guide and pick recordings would be nice too.

Anyone know any good software?

Cheers

Matt

ie. like a slingbox but without the box (using the MCE PC)

Edited by msiviter

Guest jimbouk

It is wicked. Simply set up a username and password, download and install the orb software on your pc (from the www.orb.com/getorb page), then it will see that you have an MCE and a tuner and will automatically ask if you want to configure it.

If you have a digital tv tuner, its not too clever yet with DVB tuning, but they are working on it.

Then in the configure option, add the folders where your music, pics, videos etc are and then log in to myorb from anywhere, including on your device and choose what you want to listen to/watch etc.

It checks the upload speed from your pc and the overall web speed to your browser and streams the appropriate bandwidth version.

You sometimes find that the lipsync is slightly out - but hey - its on your phone!

Coolest thing is setting MCE to record a show and then start watching it on your phone whilst its still recording...