MPx220 vs MP3 Player

Guest geoffrey118

Guest geoffrey118

Hi there!! I recently bought a set of 2.5mm jack earphones for my MPx220!! The only problem is that I only listen from 1 earphone!! To tell you the truth - I ordered 2 sets and for both sets - I only listened from 1 earphone.

So then I checked with my girlfriend's phone - another MPx220!! And same thing - so it's not my audio playing device which is freaky....they just won't play right!!

What can I do to listen from both earphones?? anyone has any ideas!?!?!

Guest genaldar

Other than the jack not being pushed in all the way no. Or you could've bought a mono adpater (if it only has 2 black rings its mono), but that should still play out of both ear pieces.

btw I read somewhere that in order to get stereo, plus use a mic the adapter has to have 4 black rings (plus the mic of course) but I've never seen one, anybody know if thats true or not?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

Okay - now I'm pissed!! First I ordered the full earphone set for my MPx220 - and they didn't work - now I ordered the Motorola Adapter 2.5mm to 3.5mm - and still no positive results. It only works from ONE earphone (the left one if this might be interesting)!! I tried it with my girlfriend's mobile (the same model) and same results!!

Anyone has any ideas?? Thanks!!

Guest dodding nonkey

Dunno if the 220 is the same as the 200, but the channels are different from every other jack plug in the world. Cynical old me, is that just so Motorola are the only ones to sell those earplugs and have a captive audience?. Any-hoo, I'm sure there was a topic about this somewhere on the Mpx200 forum, but I dont seem to able to find it. Try and get hold a pair of the original headphones that came with the phone to find out if that is right.

Guest conan_troutman

well I have several diferent set of head phones that work with the mpx 220 and a 2.5 /3.5mm adapter that aslo works in stereo as well as one that works in stereo with a mic attachement

don't know if they ship to the states but have a look here

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/MPx220-Hands-Free-Kits.htm

i get allsorts from them theyre great

Guest genaldar

I got my adapter on ebay for cheap. I just searched for 3 black rings in the phone accessory category and picked it up.

But that doesn't explain why sound is only coming out of 1 ear phone. As long as they both produce noise when hooked up to a different device and the cable is pushed in all the way your current adapter should produce noise in both ears, it would just be mono.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

Thanks guys for your suggestions!! They finally worked - I got the original HS120 for the MPx220!! Damn they're good - clear as f*&% !! Excellent choice - and they only cost me

Guest badbob001

While the HS120 looks to have the functionality I need for my mpx220: stereo, mic, call button, I'm looking for the exact same functionality but with the option to use my own 3.5 earphones. This is because I need to use the type of earphones that I have to wedge in my ear to block out sound, which is key while riding the train.

Does such a thing exist? Thanks!

Guest geoffrey118

Check if you can find adapters which have 3 black rings!! It's imperative that they must have 3 black rings or else it will only play from 1 earphone!!

• 1 year later...
Guest jmizzlefoshizzle
Check if you can find adapters which have 3 black rings!! It's imperative that they must have 3 black rings or else it will only play from 1 earphone!!

Ebay has them for 5 bucks. I just bought two! ;)

Guest hotdog69

samsung compatible 2.5mm headphones also have 3 rings, so becareful. you will also get sound from only 1 ear.

you need to find the ones compatable with the mpx220. if i remember correctly it is the same connector with the treo 650.

Edited by hotdog69