Probably doing something stupid...

Guest andyfitter

Guest andyfitter

I've come from a Series 60 phone, but am fairly familar with PocketPC...

Trying to send text messages... They make it to the outbox, but never seem to leave. am I doing/not doing something stupid?

Also, the Today screen tells me I have 5 unread SMS's... but when I go to the SMS inbox it's empty. any ideas?

TIA.

Andy.

Edited by andyfitter

Guest Palindrome

Are you looking at the email folders rather than the SMS? If you tap the top right button (probably displaying 'Inbox' with a little down arrow on it's right) just below the start button on the top bar, you will get a tree listing of all the SMS and email folders.

Guest jimbouk

In messaging, either click the d pad to the left or right to switch between email accounts or use the cursors to move left and right between accounts.

Guest andyfitter
Are you looking at the email folders rather than the SMS? If you tap the top right button (probably displaying 'Inbox' with a little down arrow on it's right) just below the start button on the top bar, you will get a tree listing of all the SMS and email folders.

Was definitely the SMS inbox. Looks like something was a bit broken... Just did a hard rest, the third so far and it now seems OK again. Got to say, as much as this is a great device, I'm getting a bit disillusioned by its stability.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning - I used to have a Magician with SPB Pocket Plus installed, and when I 'sent' a text message and then click-closed the Messaging app (full application close, using the SPBP+ close button) it would leave the message in the outbox and not finish the application thread that it was running. I would have to send another message or soft reset or sometimes both to get it to shift, even if I restarted the application straight away...! :D Not always ideal, but MEH!

Guest Palindrome
In messaging, either click the d pad to the left or right to switch between email accounts or use the cursors to move left and right between accounts.

Useful tip, I didn't know that. :D

Useful tip, I didn't know that. :D

My useful tip is, when you get a new device, press every button on every screen in every app! Ya find allsorts of useful (and annoying!) stuff! :D