very frustrated by my hermes on tmobile

Guest emyllis

Guest emyllis

I don't know what I've done but it's really frustrating - i've had the phone for a week, and some things are really frustrating me:

1) No vibrating alarm/vibrating anything

2) Alarm clock when it goes off doesn't actually stop! It just loops round and round and I can't turn it off

3) The "phone screen" which has the phone nos and "last rung" info often freezes and I cant remove the screen, so the home screen it totally unviewable. Grrr!

Please help, as i'm at the end of my tether!

Guest emyllis
1) Have you installed the LED tweak? If so, this disables vibrate too!

2) You're hitting 'dismiss', the left soft key?

3) Not had this...

P

Well I'll give it a go and get back to you;

Am resetting the pocket pc, and installing everything and then backing it up so i have a "good backup" to fall back on in future, with just the bare minimum software on.

Will try this and get back to you;

Thanks

Guest emyllis

And on a similar "annoyance note", what can I press on the pull out keyboard to get a series of numbers types in?

The only way I can do it at the moment is to keep on pressing the bottom left red circle key, then pressing a number button, then pressing the bottom left red circle key then pressing a number button - it's a bit of an effort!

How do I resolve this?!

Guest Phil Lee
And on a similar "annoyance note", what can I press on the pull out keyboard to get a series of numbers types in?

The only way I can do it at the moment is to keep on pressing the bottom left red circle key, then pressing a number button, then pressing the bottom left red circle key then pressing a number button - it's a bit of an effort!

How do I resolve this?!

On the Vario you double press the blue symbol key to get symbol lock. I guess that will be the same on the Hermes.

Guest emyllis

thanks to you both! I just didn't think of something like that - i appreciate the knowledge base here, it's invaluable.

Pointers 1 and 2 are fixed -

Also this is a lot faster, I don't know what I did when I first messed around with the phone but this is so much better and responsive.

I'll see if I can take a video of the problem with my phone screen freezing periodically...

Although I hope that this reset may solve any problems, i'll get back to you.

I'm happy! (so far)

Guest gingerprince
Also this is a lot faster, I don't know what I did when I first messed around with the phone but this is so much better and responsive.

If you installed lots of stuff, you probably also customized your Today screen, including removing the vario "Running Programs" button. You then possibly didn't know that every program you clicked is still running in memory, and therefore slowing down your machine. It's one of the things that really annoys me about Windows Mobile but at least the Vario softkey makes closing things a tad easier (and yes I am aware of third-party taskbars etc).

Guest emyllis

You're quite right! All done...

Backed up and running a lot smoother. It's much better;

My only frustration is that W and W is soooo slow even on 3G in Coventry - with 2 bars.

I'm looking online, and the top speed I can get is 247.8 kilobits per second which is very slow in reality - BBC taking 10 seconds to load; Modaco takes:

34 seconds to download 114kb - is that acceptable speed?

Guest emyllis

Now this'll sound so silly, but how do I turn the alarm off! I've set it to go (2 minutes ago) and other than going in and selecting to cancel an alarm, I can't figure out which button i need to press to stop the alarm going!

can someone take pity on a very simply man, and tell me what I need to be doing? (In very simple terms too!)

Cheer

Guest emyllis

No! Doesn't work; I don't get the option up to cancel the alarm!

Very baffling; just the music in the background with no screens to dismiss.

Any further ideas?