T-Mobile dialer skin dissapeared

Guest rickwookie

Guest rickwookie

My colleague's T-Mobile dialer skin has dissapeared and now he has a windowsie-looking blue one with no video-call button.

He doesn't know how this happened. Neither do I, and more importantly I have no idea how we can get it back. :D

Anyone know where you set this as I can't find it anywhere.

He did install the VistaBlissMoDaCo today theme. Could this have had something to do with it?

Guest randomelements

This normally happens if the reg key

HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled is set to 0

If he's not been mucking about with the registry then it would appear that something has corrupted.

Guest rickwookie

Okay I see he had PHMRegEdit on there.

Apparently he vaguely remembers changing HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin Enabled=0

Tried changing it back to 1, but everytime I reset it it reverts to 0.

Hmmm...

[Edit:] He'd delete the 'T-Mobile.jpg' file from his 'My Documents' folder. No idea why. This must be used as part of the skin (hidden behind the buttons I suppose because the skin look plain white to me) because when I beamed him the file over bluetooth all was fixed. :D

Edited by rickwookie

Guest jimbouk

If it is being reset then an app/skin is changing it - or the OS has become corrupted. I did find my original dialskin started moving up the screen (so that I couldn't read the top call on history). Installing a new dialpad skin has fixed that - so it may be worth him installing one and then soft resetting, then uninstalling it to see if that fixes it.

My colleague's T-Mobile dialer skin has dissapeared and now he has a windowsie-looking blue one with no video-call button.

He doesn't know how this happened. Neither do I, and more importantly I have no idea how we can get it back. :D

Anyone know where you set this as I can't find it anywhere.

He did install the VistaBlissMoDaCo today theme. Could this have had something to do with it?

Same problem here :D

Anyone found a solition?

thanks

Guest tubaloopy

While trying to alter the default HTC Tytn green skin I alter the registry value to 0 but when I reset the phone I found (like others have) the video call button was gone. I went back into the registry and altered the value back to 1, but everytime I reset I still had the blue skin without any video button. the solution I found was to alter the key to 1 and then close the phone down (hol the power key until the warning pops up and then say yes). Once I had done this I got the green HTC Tytn dialller back with the video button.

To alter the colour of my dialler I found a ZIP file on the web somewhere which contains all the correct images; I just unzipped it into my Windows folder and soft reset. I'm out at the moment (writing this on my phone) but when I get home I'll add the ZIP file (I don't think it will breach the forum guidlines).

Guest AndrewH13

Have found Windows Blue Dislay screen (and others - just checked) sags at top and bottom, wheras it was perfectly straight. Any ideas if display can be altered like on a monitor. Not sure why it should happen after a week. Initialise screeens are all perfect until it goes into Today, then every screen thereafter is slightly bowed at top. (On Excel, lines noticably not perfectly straight like they were.)

Guest tubaloopy
Have found Windows Blue Dislay screen (and others - just checked) sags at top and bottom, wheras it was perfectly straight. Any ideas if display can be altered like on a monitor. Not sure why it should happen after a week. Initialise screeens are all perfect until it goes into Today, then every screen thereafter is slightly bowed at top. (On Excel, lines noticably not perfectly straight like they were.)

I don't think there is a way to alter the Hermes screen as you can on a PC monitor. I've just looked on my device and all the programs I've tried (phone, today, Word, Excel & IE) are all straight at the top and bottom of the screen.

Could there be something external affecting your device (e.g. something with a strong magnetic field)? I know this is a long shot but I can't think of anything else that may cause it at the moment. I would imagine that if it was caused by an external source then the start screens would be affected as well but as I have already said, I can't think of another cause.

Guest tubaloopy

Here is the blue phone dialer skin for the Hermes. A couple of points to note.

1. If you are using a zip program on your handset you need to make sure you remove the tick from 'apply path'. If you don't then you end up with a new folder called Tytn_blue with all the bitmaps in (yes I did forget the first time :D )
  2. All of these files already exist in the Windows directory of your handset. If you are using a zip program on your handset select 'overwrite existing files' to save you having to confirm every file being extracted (which I did remember to do :D )

If you want to unzip the files on your PC then you can. Connect your device and browse to it's Windows folder and copy all of the bitmaps across.

Once you have soft reset you should have a blue dialer skin with a video call button. Please note that the screen to enter your SIM PIN is still green and when you look at your call history the backing to the icons are still green.

TyTN_blue.zip

Guest AndrewH13
I don't think there is a way to alter the Hermes screen as you can on a PC monitor. I've just looked on my device and all the programs I've tried (phone, today, Word, Excel & IE) are all straight at the top and bottom of the screen.

Could there be something external affecting your device (e.g. something with a strong magnetic field)? I know this is a long shot but I can't think of anything else that may cause it at the moment. I would imagine that if it was caused by an external source then the start screens would be affected as well but as I have already said, I can't think of another cause.

I had thought of that (magnetic field) but my first unit only developed the bow shape after a week on the day I took it back for replacement to shop (error code 0x80072f78 kept coming up). The replacement was like it straight away when I set it up in carpark 10 miles from home.

Strangely Pocket IE is fine when set to Full Screen (loses back buttons etc) wheres Excel and other progs all affected.

This sounds impossible, but there is no way a sim card could affect 2 phones? Only both phones were also affected by loss of Backlight Time setting intermittantly when turned off (sometimes restored on soft reset) and yet no one else has had this problem. The only common denominator on both problems is the sim card!!!!

Edited by AndrewH13