Sprint customers - say hello to the Treo 700wx!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
treo700wx.gif

After weeks and weeks of rumours and fuzzy spyshots, the Treo 700wx is here!

OK, so your friends on Verizon migth have got their 700w's first and taunted you, but you get the last laugh as the 700wx receives a slight specification boost over the 700w, with added memory!

Available to business customers from yesterday and on general sale on September 3rd, the Treo 700wx specifications are as follows:

- Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC (duh)
- AKU 2
- Intel XScale PXA272 312Mhz
- Full size SD slot
- 128MB NVRAM (60MB user)
- dual-band EV-DO / 1xRTT
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- Bluetooth 1.2
- IR
- 240 x 240 touchscreen
- QWERTY keyboard

The 240 x 240 screen is something of a dealbreaker for me personally, but if you're a fan of the Treo form factor (I know a lot of you are!) and you're on Sprint, then what are you waiting for... get down to your local Sprint store quick smart! :D

P

I just switched to Sprint recently, and have the PPC-6700 (Apache). I'm debating between getting the 700wx or not. I had the 700w on VZW, and the only real complaint I had was the RAM. This is fixed with the 700wx, but I'm still unsure.

I just switched to Sprint recently, and have the PPC-6700 (Apache). I'm debating between getting the 700wx or not. I had the 700w on VZW, and the only real complaint I had was the RAM. This is fixed with the 700wx, but I'm still unsure.

How was the 700? It looks really really fat to me lol, maybe its just the pictures, or maybe I'm getting to use this SLVR.

I loved it other than the RAM problems. It has a rounded back, so it fits really well in the hand. I'm going to call up Sprint and see if they'll let me trade my 6700 for the 700wx straight up (I'm still in my first month). If not I'll just keep the 6700 until they release the Q.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.