Invalid message recipients

Guest cpetzny

Guest cpetzny

Topic says it all really, I set up a new account for my Eclipse mail servers, both incoming and outgoing. Incoming mail gets collected fine, but when I try to send something, the message gets put into the Drafts folder and I get a System Administrator message in my Inbox saying that the recipients are invalid. This happens regardless of the address I enter into the outgoing message.

All I can think of is that the outgoing Eclipse server does not allow messages to be sent from outside the Eclipse network, though this error happens whether I use the 3G connection or my home wireless (which should then be hooked up to Eclipse).

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Other than that, so far I am very, very, very happy with the Vario II. It even looks a lot nicer than the pics ;-)

Thanks,

Chris.

Guest jimbouk

As it doesnt work on either wifi or 3G, its eclipse mail authentification. In the mail account settings, make sure that you have ticked the box that says "outgoing server requires authentification". This will work with 90% of ISP's. If that doesn't work, check with eclipse as to whether you need different authentification on the outgoing server.

Guest bydandie
Topic says it all really, I set up a new account for my Eclipse mail servers, both incoming and outgoing. Incoming mail gets collected fine, but when I try to send something, the message gets put into the Drafts folder and I get a System Administrator message in my Inbox saying that the recipients are invalid. This happens regardless of the address I enter into the outgoing message.

All I can think of is that the outgoing Eclipse server does not allow messages to be sent from outside the Eclipse network, though this error happens whether I use the 3G connection or my home wireless (which should then be hooked up to Eclipse).

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Other than that, so far I am very, very, very happy with the Vario II. It even looks a lot nicer than the pics ;-)

Thanks,

Chris.

If you're on t-mob network, then enter the server smtp.t-email.co.uk in the smtp server settings.