C550 Boot up problems

Guest Nekora

SPV C550, There is a link in the start menu which causes the handset to reset. Is there a way to remove this link (for example, useind the bootloader)? Or makea backup of the contacts stored on the phone?

Edited by Nekora

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notaliberal

Can you not get it booted at all?

The link would be deleted from \windows\Start Menu assuming you can boot it up.

Otherwise, I have yet to find a way into my phone from bootloader or anything else. I can only get in when it's fully booted...lame....

I wonder if some genius could make a flash utility, similar to the Modaco Dude Splash Screen one, that would simply rewrite the \windows\Start Menu folder...

That's all I've got, sorry it's not more helpful,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Doctor
Can you not get it booted at all?

The link would be deleted from \windows\Start Menu assuming you can boot it up.

Otherwise, I have yet to find a way into my phone from bootloader or anything else. I can only get in when it's fully booted...lame....

I wonder if some genius could make a flash utility, similar to the Modaco Dude Splash Screen one, that would simply rewrite the \windows\Start Menu folder...

Unfortunately you can't rewrite JUST the start menu folder.... you'd have to format the entire BINFS (OS) partition if you went the rom update method which basically means you lose all your contacts, settings etc. best option is to sync with outlook (if you can boot the phone up that is) and then hard reset your device (or source the qtek 8200 rom which ships without the orange crap on it....) this will retore your phone to factory settings.

not much else you can do really....

Phil

Guest The Doctor

and just for the record.

the splash screen is am entirely different part of the rom to the os. so it is possible to create am nbf that rewrites the splash section only.

phil