Orange M600 ROM

Guest rockgeek

Guest rockgeek

Hi,

I need to a ROM image for the M600 model. I won't be able to install QTEK or I-Mate image because it's vendor specific. Before I can unlock the CID to install other images, I first need to re-establish the M600 ROM.

Has anyone got the ROM for this unit?

Thanks,

JJ

Guest fluffcat1
Hi,

I need to a ROM image for the M600 model. I won't be able to install QTEK or I-Mate image because it's vendor specific. Before I can unlock the CID to install other images, I first need to re-establish the M600 ROM.

Has anyone got the ROM for this unit?

Thanks,

JJ

Unless you've overwritten the rom with another a hard reset should sort out any issues. AFAIK there is no official m600 rom available - when there is it will be listed here:

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...DeviceDownloads

If you have destroyed the flash on your device HTCeurope can repair it for approx

Guest Pondrew

Moved to the Pocket PC Help & Advice section (not sure why you posted this in the HTC Typhoon section as it bears no relation to an SPV M600 Pocket PC Phone?!?)

Guest sporkguy
Thanks Richard.

I have that orange care insurance package. How much would I have to pay if I lost my phone? If it's going to be cheaper doing that then I'll opt for that option.

I believe it is still

Guest fluffcat1
Rather than lie wouldn't it be easier just to say it doesn't work and they will fix it?

I agree, act stupid, ring orange, as it's in the first 6 months they shouldn't charge you - just say it won't startup etc don't mention flashing it.

I've had a few devices swopped out and never been charged

Guest The Doctor
I agree, act stupid, ring orange, as it's in the first 6 months they shouldn't charge you - just say it won't startup etc don't mention flashing it.

I've had a few devices swopped out and never been charged

Edited by The Doctor

Guest fluffcat1
Slightly off topic but whats the policy on SIM cards? mine packed up on saturdays and refuses to work (any phone denies its existance)

Phil

Tell 'em you get error 'sim card not recognised' and you've tried it in other phones. 1st replacement is usually free depending on your monthly spend. Don't mention how often you usually swop phones etc.

Richard