Do we have an understudy for TCPMP?

Guest Confused Stu

Guest Confused Stu

As anybody with a Hermes variant and TCPMP knows, the program currently has a small issue with the device in that it doesn't work fully. While changing the Video display settings to Rawframebuffer or GDI fixes the fuzzy, flashy screen, the program still can't run a full screen DivX video at much more than 90 - 110%. While this is fine for a few seconds of video, I use my phones for watching films alot and not being able to use my Vario2 to it's full is killing me!

Does anyone know of a player that can play DivX files acceptably on the Hermes? It doesn't need to offer anything flash, or even support other file formats (I can recode on the PC) but I just need it to reliably play DivX files at full speed on the full screen.

So far I've tried PocketMVP and it suffers from the same fuzzy screen as the TCPMP does before you change the video settings. Anyone tried anything else and it didn't work, or even better found something that does?

P.S. Picard and co over at TCPMP - please fix our sick little puppy for us poor Vario owners! I've used Betaplayer and TCPMP on my Classic, my C500 and my M500 and my Vario2 is feeling very left out and unloved! :D

Here here

im hoping they fix it ASAP too as its very frustrating not being able to watch stuff on it (even stuff encoded specifically for the pocket pc sometimes runs at only 90% (family guy))

anyway heres hoping there is a fix ASAP

JEREMY