Pandora.com - Can it work on MDA Vario II?

Guest Beeble

Pandora.com lets you build your own customised radio station based on artists/music you tell it. It then finds similar music and plays it for you - if you haven't heard of it, go investigate (and stick to a 5 digit US postcode when registering - e.g. 90210). It's free and it's awesome and the possibility of accessing it on the move is my Holy Grail :D

It works using Macromedia Flash - anyone managed to get it installed?

New to PPCs so trying to gather info before attempting.

Cheers

Guest richard_d
Pandora.com lets you build your own customised radio station based on artists/music you tell it. It then finds similar music and plays it for you - if you haven't heard of it, go investigate (and stick to a 5 digit US postcode when registering - e.g. 90210). It's free and it's awesome and the possibility of accessing it on the move is my Holy Grail :D

It works using Macromedia Flash - anyone managed to get it installed?

New to PPCs so trying to gather info before attempting.

Cheers

Flash 7 is available and works but if the site requires 8 it won't.

Guest FragMeister

Taking a look at the FAQ's on pandora, it needs Flash 7 or 8, so you should be ok.

I recall trying to access it with my MDA Compact over GPRS, but this timed-out trying to download a song

Any joy?

No - couldn't get Flash to install. I'll dig around and try again but things seem to have changed since Adobe took over - less focus on development.

Incidentally, Tim and the team at Pandora can't help. No license for mobiles (or non-USA for that matter)