Vario II - Screen bowing

Guest AndrewH13

Guest AndrewH13

Hi,

I returned by first Vario II due to a software error that persisted (0x80072f78 after failing to load webpages), but on the day I returned it, I also noticed the display from TODAY screern onwards was not straight, it bows down from the top a little. It had been fine for a week.

Replacement set immediately had the same characteristic, the straight edge at top of all screens (Today onwards) sags down in the middle, and up on the bottom of screen. But when using Pocket IE in FULLSCREEN mode, the perfectly rectangular screen is restored with no sag (although inconvenient without the Back button). This doesnt work in Excel though.

Strange that the T-mobile white screen at startup is fine, what changes when Today loads that affects the screen display?

As it is the 2nd set to do this, has anyone else noticed it? Also strange that initial unit never did it until after a week.

Guest randomelements

One thing I have noticed is that on the default blue theme, the very top and bottom bar is graduated from blue at the edges to black in the centre so makes it look like the very top is bowed (If you install something which uses that top line as a battery monitor you'll notice the difference. Don't know if this is then causing an optical illusion.

Also, in Excel the very bottom of the taskbar is graduated blue at the edges to white in the middle which makes the top line in Excel look like it's sagging.

Edited by randomelements

Guest AndrewH13
One thing I have noticed is that on the default blue theme, the very top and bottom bar is graduated from blue at the edges to black in the centre so makes it look like the very top is bowed (If you install something which uses that top line as a battery monitor you'll notice the difference. Don't know if this is then causing an optical illusion.

Also, in Excel the very bottom of the taskbar is graduated blue at the edges to white in the middle which makes the top line in Excel look like it's sagging.

Its on every theme I try, just using Paul's Green original, still down at top and up at bottom. I tried Microsoft theme generator to see if I could create one with black top and bottom to lose effect, but didnt see way possible to alter Top and Bottom bar colour.

Guest AndrewH13

Pictures are better than words, although the bends dont look as pronounced in these pics and its difficult to handhold 100% sqaure to pics without tripod!

On Landscape (keyboard out) they still curve in slightly, top and bottom.

Is this usual?

Pic1

post-202327-1157369458_thumb.jpg

Pic2

post-202327-1157369493_thumb.jpg

Guest AndrewH13

Thanks Rand, have installed battery indicater along top and its fine. So its a strange 'feature' of ALL themes that they appear non-straight! (with this darkening in centre). Anything available for bottom now?!!