The Planets Align for O2 Asia

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

mars_jup_small.jpg

In all their leaked, blurry goodness, the MyPDACafe forums have some shots of upcoming devices on O2 Asia; the Jupiter Smartphone and the Mars PocketPC.

Pics and specs after the jump...

[/teaser]

The Jupiter will be a 3G Smartphone with miniSD (under battery), video calling camera and that's about all the information we have!

Jupiter.jpg

The Mars (not made by HTC, possibly ASUS) has the following specs:

• 520Mhz Intel Bulverde - About same performance as 400Mhz Samsung CPU
  • GPRS, EDGE, UMTS - no HSDPA
  • 64RAM, 128ROM
  • WiFi & Bluetooth
  • Mini SD Slot
  • Slide Out QWERTY
  • 2MP Camera - no Marco

Mars.jpg

mars_jup_breeze_i320.jpg

Finally, O2 Asia will also be releasing a device called the Stealth. This will be a rebranded version of a Gigabyte g-Smart. Not sure which one though as it's reported to have a T9 slide out keypad. The only g-Smart with a slide out kyepad is the original g-Smart which, due to it's lack of memory, did not support T9. So, it could possibly be a standard g-Smart with 128ROM but who knows. I'd certainly want one of those :D They'll also be releasing the HTC Love (formerly HTC Artemis). No word on what that will be called though.

[source]

Guest Prosody

In other related news O2 announced today they were axing the XDA Pluto from their line up... :D

(Had to be done... :D )

Edited by Prosody

Guest nedge2k
I'm really interested to find out whether the Jupiter has WiFi. I guess only time will tell.

If it does, I don't hope this is an Asian-only release...

Unfortunately O2 Asia have always done things a bit differently to the rest of the world so it's doubtful we'll see them :D I really want them to release the "Stealth" over here but I don't see it happening

Guest HerpezP
Unfortunately O2 Asia have always done things a bit differently to the rest of the world so it's doubtful we'll see them :D I really want them to release the "Stealth" over here but I don't see it happening

Yeah, that's really a pity. Have anyone tried to port a T9 dictionary onto an imported phone? I know it was possible to do on a C500, but the T9-DLL file had to be from another C500, so I don't know if it will be possible to take a DLL file from another phone and port it. It depends on how customised the file is for the device I guess...

They should make a standard T9-DLL-file format which would work on all WM5 Smartphones for instance, but I guess the operators wouldn't be too happy about that.

Guest nedge2k
Yeah, that's really a pity. Have anyone tried to port a T9 dictionary onto an imported phone? I know it was possible to do on a C500, but the T9-DLL file had to be from another C500, so I don't know if it will be possible to take a DLL file from another phone and port it. It depends on how customised the file is for the device I guess...

They should make a standard T9-DLL-file format which would work on all WM5 Smartphones for instance, but I guess the operators wouldn't be too happy about that.

Actually, the T9 phonepad app found on most HTC PPC devices works fine on the g-Smart and the Eten G500 but that only works for on-screen typing :D

Guest Laser_iCE
I like that the keyboard uses all the space available... unlike the wizard and the hermes.

Pigo

The only negative thing I see about this is that when you're holding it, your thumbs will be coming back towards your palms alot... Mind you, I just held my hands up then ... As long as they're not TOO close to the edge that it's uncomfortable and feels flimsy :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.