T-Mobile MDA Compact III (HTC Love, formerly Artemis)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

mda3-1.jpg

Sounding like a site dedicated to swollen sores on PocketPC devices, PPC-Welt ("welt" = "world" in German) have some nice, high res shots of the upcomming T-Mobile MDA Compact III (aka HTC Love, formerly HTC Artemis / ARTE1000).

Pics and specs after the jump

[/teaser]

Specs:

To be honest, that 200Mhz CPU isn't particularly impressive and is what will probably let down an otherwise great looking device.

mda3-2.JPG

mda3-3.JPG

[source]

Guest nedge2k

Yup. There's also an app out there already that does a similar thing. I used to use it on the g-Smart as it was easier to use with a joystick as opposed to a d-pad.

Guest Pondrew
To be honest, that 200Mhz CPU isn't particularly impressive and is what will probably let down an otherwise great looking device.

It's underpowered yes but if it means the battery life when using the integrated GPS is any good then it'd be worth it. After all, we've still got OMAP Clock to squeeze a little more performance out of the TI processor...

The Compact III huh. Wow. T-Mobile are rushing out these devices like there's no tomorrow! :D

Guest Pondrew

I suspect HTC's Pocket PC range is going through something of a seperation into two tiers (by design or accident). One more focused on battery life and the other on performance. The HTC Love falls into the former and sacrifices 3G/HSDPA and raw processing power as a result while the new HTC Hermes and the forthcoming HTC Trinity fall into the latter and will suffer worse battery life as a result.

I used to think I preferred to stick with the Texas Instruments processored devices for the better battery life but the prospect of HSDPA combined with the Hermes form factor persuaded me otherwise. I'm sure there's many peeps out there who will gladly sacrifice 3G and slightly better processing power for the built in GPS this device offers...

Guest leshemnoam
The Compact III huh. Wow. T-Mobile are rushing out these devices like there's no tomorrow! :D

i hope this doesn't mean t-mobile will not come out with the Trinity...

was kind of hopeing it would be the "The Compact III"

Guest sketchmasterx

I love the look and the intergrated GPS but why an FM radio? I need WIFI! I dont mind the processer speed i think 200mhz would fine for what i run.

Guest nedge2k
I love the look and the intergrated GPS but why an FM radio? I need WIFI! I dont mind the processer speed i think 200mhz would fine for what i run.

I think thats just part of the GPS chip :D

Guest blissfull
So do I :rolleyes:

The specs I see here http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=574 suggest it has. Does anyone know? If it does, I may be tempted to wait for this device. It is the closest to what I want.

Smue

yes it does have wifi. Here is a good link for it's sepcs:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_p3300-1693.php

This is almost idential in features, performance and size with the O2 Orbit, check out the comparison side by side here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPho...p;idPhone1=1693

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.