Samsung i600 (aka Blackjack)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

samsung-sgh-i600-3_small.jpg

Remember the Samsung i320 that wasn't an i320 we saw at the MoDaCo event a few weeks back? The "Blackjack"? Well, now it looks like it has more official name, the SGH-i600 (not to be confused with the old CDMA SP-i600 Smartphone). As you'll already know, this is not only a 3G Smartphone but it also supports HSDPA, has 802.11g wifi and has the new WM device hype at the moment, a scrollwheel!

Pics after the jump...

[/teaser]

samsung-sgh-i600-3.jpg

samsung-sgh-i600-2.jpg

samsung-sgh-i600-4.jpg

[source]

This is the PERFECT Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone. It fixes everything I didnt like about the i320. At first I thought my wishes were dream material but Samsung truly raising the bar. However, its hard for me to decide to get this or the Hermes. Very comparable specs except for touchscreen and the OS.

Guest pedroms1

Just a little something that is confusing me...

Is this Samsung the one that has all these photos HERE, and has the specs HERE??

It doesnt look like that because the color scheme of the keyboard and the scrollwheel are diffrent.

And another question about the specs: What processor is that?

Is this the first smartphone with microsoft office applications? Knowing that this SP has PPC apps, could this one have a Wi-fi network browser??

If this happens, this smartphone could be even more perfect than what we thought.

If anyone can answer, or has a clue, please

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1

Guest dijital

this samsung has a TI OMAP 1710 processor in it, it will have a MAX clock of 220mhz, id rather have the extra power of the xscale 412mhz in the i320 than a scroll wheel and wifi personally.

Guest karlossus
Enough announcements....I need someone to release one! :D

This looks great although I have only just bought an i320. I love the phone and the form factor. 3G would be nice as would a better camera. Better battery life is a must though. Anyone have any comparison shots next to the i320? Anyone have any idea when it might be available to buy?

Finally it's meant to be WM5 Second Edition, what else is in WM5 SE for smartphone? Are office apps really in there? What about an app for searching through emails? I miss that most from PPC weirdly.

Guest HerpezP
This looks great although I have only just bought an i320. I love the phone and the form factor. 3G would be nice as would a better camera. Better battery life is a must though. Anyone have any comparison shots next to the i320? Anyone have any idea when it might be available to buy?

I think it's pretty much the same size as the i320. According to msmobiles.com a release date of November this year was mentioned.

How is the qwerty keyboard on the i320 compared to a normal numeric keypad with T9? Is it any faster and can you write without looking at the keyboard all the time?

I think when I say this, I say it for 90% of the qwerty keyboards out there: qwerty keyboards are faster than T9 after a adaptation period.

The Tri-band 900 GSM is definitely a turn-off for me. No hope for American HSDPA neither I guess. Back to Hermes.

Guest adkalra
Just a little something that is confusing me...

Is this Samsung the one that has all these photos HERE, and has the specs HERE??

It doesnt look like that because the color scheme of the keyboard and the scrollwheel are diffrent.

And another question about the specs: What processor is that?

Is this the first smartphone with microsoft office applications? Knowing that this SP has PPC apps, could this one have a Wi-fi network browser??

If this happens, this smartphone could be even more perfect than what we thought.

If anyone can answer, or has a clue, please

Pedro

I think the photos you have posted are a preliminary design, where as the photos posted at the start of the post are likely a final design i.e. redesigned keypad/self portrait mirror.

Guest Laser_iCE

Ew... Too much on the front! That's why it's either gotta be something like the C550 or the Hermes/Wizard for me... It looks cramped, and if it isn't cramped, it looks massive.

I think when I say this, I say it for 90% of the qwerty keyboards out there: qwerty keyboards are faster than T9 after a adaptation period.

The Tri-band 900 GSM is definitely a turn-off for me. No hope for American HSDPA neither I guess. Back to Hermes.

Don't give up hope that easily! Apparently, the SGH I607, an quad band GSM, UMTS/HSDPA variant of this phone is coming to Cingular. There was a write up on Engadetmobile.com.

Guest karlossus
I think it's pretty much the same size as the i320. According to msmobiles.com a release date of November this year was mentioned.

How is the qwerty keyboard on the i320 compared to a normal numeric keypad with T9? Is it any faster and can you write without looking at the keyboard all the time?

It is definately faster and the key board works better than both the kjam and the P990. I love the phone, I only wish the OS had a search function (so I can find emails) and that the battery life was slightly better.

That said I can live with it for now. I wonder if I will be able to resist the i600 though..... oh dear.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.