Hotmail on the Vario II

Guest timfernau

Guest timfernau

Has anyone managed to get the Hotmail client in the Messaging section of the Vario II working?

I have full push email set up but I still also use my hotmail email for the odd thing.

Any ideas?

Guest Pandemonium
Has anyone managed to get the Hotmail client in the Messaging section of the Vario II working?

I have full push email set up but I still also use my hotmail email for the odd thing.

Any ideas?

Working fine here. I found that it set up the new Hotmail account in Messaging when I signed in to Messenger.

Guest timfernau
When you say you haven't got it working... what exactly are you doing, and how isn't it working?

P

Well, although I've used msn messenger successfully, when I select the Hotmail folder on Pocket MSN it is empty. I have checked my Hotmail account online and it had been disabled but I have now reactivated it. If I try to Add a New Account under Pocket MSN I am prompted to enter my email address and then after clicking 'next', I get to the Pocket MSN main menu and nothing happens :-(

Guest farmgorgon

I have a similar issue. when I load messenger and sign in I don't see how I can access my hotmail account and I am getting no notification that hotmails have been received. Do I need to set up my hotmail account in the outlook messaging program?

thanks in advance

Guest Pondrew

from memory:

having signed into Pocket MSN the Pocket MSN today screen plugin with have an envelope symbol. select this and you will be taken to your hotmail acct in Pocket Outlook. If no emails show you can choose Menu (right softkey) then Send / Receive Mail.

Guest farmgorgon
from memory:

having signed into Pocket MSN the Pocket MSN today screen plugin with have an envelope symbol. select this and you will be taken to your hotmail acct in Pocket Outlook. If no emails show you can choose Menu (right softkey) then Send / Receive Mail.

After I sign in I see a list of all contact who are online or not. I don't you messaging. When I close the app (actually minimising it) I don't get an envelope icon and I have checked in my outlook and it hasn't set up a hotmail account for me...I can see how I do this (as a new account) and part of it is automated as I am entering a hotmail address but get stuck on the server details....

Guest Pondrew

hmmm. the pocket msn plugin is the route I've always used to access the email. I'd recommend going to Start / Settings / Today / Items and ensuring the Pocket MSN plugin is activated as it doesn't sound like it is...

Guest farmgorgon

you are correct- the plug in is not activated (its not listed in my today items). How do I add it? I can't see an option to add items......

I really appreciate you bearing with me.

Guest Pondrew

No problem.

Ok, can I just confirm you've got the UK T-Mobile MDA Vario II? And that its still running the rom that came with the device?

Did you bypass customisation (prevent the external rom from running)? If so this might be why you are missing the pocket msn plugin...

Guest timfernau

After further investigation I think my problem might be to do with my passport and the fact that the email address I use to sign in to messenger is not the same as my hotmail email.

I appreciate this might be slightly bizarre but does anyone else have a similar setup which they have got to work?

Guest farmgorgon

No, Pondrew- I have a M3100 and have downloaded and installed pocket messenger as per the instructions found on this site. I thought the installation would load plugs ins.....

I'm having real probs with Hotmail on the Vario II.

Any reasonably large attachments are only partially downloading (e.g 400k of 600k) and then timing out

Yesterday I was connecting but couldn't download headers

Today I can't even connect! After about 2mins of attempting to connect I get a message telling me "Your pocket MSN session has expired"

I am not having any problems with web browsing though and 3G signal is good. Anyone experiencing similar?