Pop3 email - yahoo - Vario II - beginners questions

Guest richard_d

Guest richard_d

Okay sorry if these seem very basic questions, the email client on my old Nokia was so horrible I didn't explore it and stuck to webmail. Thanks for your patience.

I finally got round to trying to set up pop3 access on the vario II to my Yahoo email account. Settings seemed nice and straightforward but...

Even with the one day setting switched on when I went to send/recieve it started trying to download all 2000 odd messages in my yahoo inbox. Ideally I'd like to only download unread messages,as during the day I can access email through the PC I spend my day staring at, but I can't see a way of doing that. Am I missing something?

Failing that can I limit what's downloaded to just my inbox (assuming I can easily move current yahoo inbox contents to a separate archive folder)?

Thanks Richard

Guest richard_d

Moving all my Yahoo inbox to an archive folder seems to have stopped me getting all the messages - now to see if the auto-check works. What's the difference between selecting using T-Mobile Internet and just Internet?

ive got yahoo.co.uk set up via Pop3 and SMTP on my ppc

but i also have it set up using outlook on the computer basically what yahoo does is this it sends any and all items in the inbox whether they have been read or not to the pop3 client (in this case the vario 2)

the only way to only send what you want is to move the items you dont want to send to another folder (i made one and called it old) that way only the ones left in inbox (and any new ones coming in throughout the days weeks etc ) get sent to your ppc

once you get it working it does work rather well ive got it set to check for emails every 15 mins and it works beautifully and sends perfectly too.

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

Guest richard_d
ive got yahoo.co.uk set up via Pop3 and SMTP on my ppc

but i also have it set up using outlook on the computer basically what yahoo does is this it sends any and all items in the inbox whether they have been read or not to the pop3 client (in this case the vario 2)

the only way to only send what you want is to move the items you dont want to send to another folder (i made one and called it old) that way only the ones left in inbox (and any new ones coming in throughout the days weeks etc ) get sent to your ppc

once you get it working it does work rather well ive got it set to check for emails every 15 mins and it works beautifully and sends perfectly too.

JEREMY

Thanks that's pretty much what I'm trying. I think whilst the phone is connected to my PC at work it won't connect via GPRS anyway to download new messages so that should work.

Richard

Guest richard_d
I am having trouble finding the server addresses for yahoo.com freemail. Can anyone direct me?

Thanks.

on the .co.uk site when you set your account to use pop3 there's a help button which brings up all you need, I assume it's the same in .com

richard

Guest richard_d
Thanks, went through to help page and discovered that have to subscribe ($20) for pop forwarding on yahoo.com!

Odd - it was free on yahoo.co.uk (although it could be because I've been a member for so many years, and they've only just started charging).

• 3 weeks later...
I've had my yahoo.com address for 8 years now. for us americans we have had to pay for pop access since it was available. lucky everyone else...

Yeah, this is an odd one.

yahoo.com is roughly

Guest lukeap69

I think yahoo.com does not offer it free.

yahoo.com.ph offers it free same with yahoo.co.uk.

I do not think it's a matter of how old you were a member.

i am in dubai right now and i can still access my yahoo mails in my jasjar & voyager.

lukeap