Am twitching with excitement

Guest waroffice

Guest richard_d
hope so :D

i've had a sony erricsson k750 for over a year and its naff, before that i had a C500 and a MPX200 hope it goes beyond my expectations.

Went beyond mine - enjoy :D

Guest waroffice

dont worry the k750 suffers from a useless joystick that only pushes down when it feel likes it....

And i scratched it to death, dropped it at work while walking across the yard :D

Guest waroffice

Damn and blast phone not in stock,

Then gave me a Vario instead till it comes in, about a week they say.

Thats nice of them, Tmob kick ass with customer support compared to Orange.

Time to play

Guest Pandemonium
In a little over an hour n half, i will have a brand new Vario II in my paws.....

Cant wait.

Just thought i would announce it

It's an absolute cracker of a phone. Haven't noticed any show stopper bugs yet and battery life is better than my Nokia N80 (which is a bit of a lemon for battery life and firmware bugs - why no self install firmware Nokia? Grrr). I was initially wary of going back to T-Mobile and Windows Mobile, but now it seems T-Mobile gives me a better signal where I live and where I work (and en-route on the bus) than Vodafone which my Nokia's on and WM5 is a much nicer user experience compared to the XDA2 work has issued me with (and infinitely better than the last Pocket PC device I owned, a Toshiba PDA years ago).

I have also been thinking of jumping ship from Orange to T-Mobile and the Vario II, but just wondered how it compares in terms of weight and size to the C600.

I dont want a huge device, some small, to easily hide .. does the Vario fit into this or not.

Am jsut getting fed up with 8 replacements, and Orange CS.

Guest waroffice

it is heavier and a bit bigger (not much) than my C500 but it does a hell of a lot more...the keyboard if fab, it looks georgous, its 3G. i think its good and with the wnw pro option its fantastic.

i love the thing and i only had it out of the box an hour!

Guest richard_d
Or are you able to see the Vario II in any shops ... or is it just available online ... would like to hold it and feel it before I jumped in.

I picked mine up from the local T-mobile shop, but stock is still quite limited. Might be worth asking if it's not on display in case they've any out back.

Richard

Guest randomelements
i love the thing and i only had it out of the box an hour!

Told you :D

Albie: as Richard says, it's doesn't look like they are displaying them in stores yet. My local store has them out back but not on display.

oohh .. better get down there and see if I can play, or at least see it ...... was am thinking of going on the Flex-t 35 ... that one seems a good deal ... seeing as I am paying

Guest MPXtricky

I was in Bournemouth on Saturday and the T-Mobile shop I looked in had the Vario II on display

Told you :D

Albie: as Richard says, it's doesn't look like they are displaying them in stores yet. My local store has them out back but not on display.

Guest waroffice

I just got me a 1Gb microSD card (thats so going to get lost, im impressed with the size of it, wow) now then what to put on it?

I go back to college today, maybe a DVD to watch on the trai, or some tunes , I have a 256mb mp3 player with some great sony groove headphones tho.

I just bought rake in the grass's Undercroft so i can play that on the train!

any other suggestions welcome

:D

Guest thereaperman

i got mine form my local tmboile shop, i think most t shops keep two instock, but not on display etc(i think they want to shift the varios, compacts etc first). when they sell them they then order a other two etc.

i find its quicker, nicer looking and works a lot better than the vario. and for 37.50 a month for unlimited broadband(ie 2gb) its a great deal.

Hi,

Just wondering...i have an M600 which is great for most things, but texting is a complete pain in the ass. the phone pad is unreadable in daylight, and the keys are too close together for my fat thumbs!

How is the Vario|| in comarison ?

Regards

Nathan