Am twitching with excitement

Guest waroffice

fantastic, full qwerty keyboard that is backlit when it gets dark, can use the touch screen pad if you dont want to slide open.

Yeah sorry I meant the touch screen pad, is it the same as M600?

Guest mavisdavis
Yeah sorry I meant the touch screen pad, is it the same as M600?

Look Here for alternative dialer pads dude. read a treat in daylight, also got some other designs somewhere but I cant remember the site. email or pm me n I'll send you the files . (all freeware but cant find the source) just incase I get this post blocked by Mods.

Edited by mavisdavis

damn everytime i read this title i want to say something rude on the lines of twitching !!! :D

sorry but ive been wanting to say that for ages damn catchy title and actually yes i probably agree with you i woke up at 6 am to be at the store first on the 3rd day it was out to get one and ive been very happy

JEREMY

Just tried your suggestion of asking for the PAC code again. They CSR didn't blink, didn't try and retain me in anyway, and told me the PAC code was already in the post. I'm just absolutely stunned he did nothing in the slightest to convince me to stay. Perhaps this is a new ploy to get rid of the data customers so they don't have to try and match T mobile. Bizarre!

Vario II, here I come! Can't wait!

Guest dominicallkins
Just tried your suggestion of asking for the PAC code again. They CSR didn't blink, didn't try and retain me in anyway, and told me the PAC code was already in the post. I'm just absolutely stunned he did nothing in the slightest to convince me to stay. Perhaps this is a new ploy to get rid of the data customers so they don't have to try and match T mobile. Bizarre!

Very bizarre. Like I said, I think it depends a little on who you get. Rather than speak to Customer Service try and get through to the defections team - see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise that's another one lost to Orange.

Good luck.

Dominic

Cheers Dominic.

I've been trying through Retentions all this time, and they just don't blink.. odd.

Glad you've managed to a good deal out of it tho. Was looking forward to the styling of the SPV but then I'm sure I'll grow to like a pink phone!

Hi i just upgraded on monday to a M600 with the following on a 12 month contract

500 mins

10 text

10mms

5video messages

5Mb data

All this for

Edited by Zahid

Guest richard_d
Cheers Dominic.

I've been trying through Retentions all this time, and they just don't blink.. odd.

Glad you've managed to a good deal out of it tho. Was looking forward to the styling of the SPV but then I'm sure I'll grow to like a pink phone!

Pink :D

It's a lovely deep red - think a decent red wine :D

Richard

Made the switch from o to tmobile and treated myself to a shiny new vario 2. Have to say I'm lovin everything about it especially the keyboard! cost me 80 for phone and 25 per month. That gets me unlimited web and

Dakers, what time of day are you calling them? Also, are you speaking customer services or customer relations?

If you call out of hours (cant remember the exact times) when you select the option to speak to customer relations you end up speaking to customer services. They can't offer any deals, so they just send a message to customer relations asking them to send you your PAC code. What's supposed to happen then is Customer Relations are supposed to call you back and try and 'save' you.

If you're out of your contract period I'm pretty sure customer relations text you the PAC code if they fail to 'save' you. They them follow this up with a letter to confirm it. Hence why I'm thinking you may have been speaking to customer services?

Edited by Zahid

Guest dominicallkins

Hi Dakers

Best thing I can suggest is keep trying. It took me four phone calls on Monday, three on Tuesday and three yesterday before I managed to get the deal. I also quoted some of the deals that I'd seen on here - but saying that "a mate of mine got...".

I also had the T-Mobile site up and was using there little Flash 'this is what you get for your money' calculator while I was on the phone to the defections guy.

I really do get the feeling that it depends on who you talk to and how much they know so just keep trying. It's a bit of a bind having to do it but you may well get there in the end.

As someone who has worked for Relationship Marketing agencies for most of my life I do find it amazing how bad Orange have become compared to how they used to be (been a customer for 10+ years now).

Anyway - unless you've already made the switch - if you do keep trying Good Luck.

Dominic

Edited by dominicallkins

Hi Dominic and Zahid. Thanks for both your replies.

I'd tried at various times of days, as I'd been told first thing in the morning is a good time to catch the retentions people in the best mood! But eventually I got fed up with the almost chav-like attitude of the Retentions dept. Like I say, they made no effort AT ALL to try and keep me. Not offering another phone, not another price plan, nothing. It was like "we don't do any unlimited data plan, so do you want your PAC then?". Odd in the extreme.

So I just bit the bullet last night and ordered online with T just after 5pm. Just had my confirmation email now, so I guess I won't be getting my new toy today :-(

I'm not too fussed about Orange, fighting to get a decent deal off them vs. walking across and getting a cheaper and better deal without fuss, it's a no brainer now I've made the switch.

Just got lots of reading over the weekend to try and get up to speed on how to use the damn thing and all the cool things I'll be able to do with it!

Hi Dominic and Zahid. Thanks for both your replies.

I'd tried at various times of days, as I'd been told first thing in the morning is a good time to catch the retentions people in the best mood! But eventually I got fed up with the almost chav-like attitude of the Retentions dept. Like I say, they made no effort AT ALL to try and keep me. Not offering another phone, not another price plan, nothing. It was like "we don't do any unlimited data plan, so do you want your PAC then?". Odd in the extreme.

So I just bit the bullet last night and ordered online with T just after 5pm. Just had my confirmation email now, so I guess I won't be getting my new toy today :-(

I'm not too fussed about Orange, fighting to get a decent deal off them vs. walking across and getting a cheaper and better deal without fuss, it's a no brainer now I've made the switch.

Just got lots of reading over the weekend to try and get up to speed on how to use the damn thing and all the cool things I'll be able to do with it!

You did right, vote with your feet! I agree with the other comments about the decline of Orange. It seems to have begun with the take-over by France Telecom.

I worked for them in project management a few years ago and thought they were really good, both as an employer and as a service provider. Hans Snook had a clear direction for them. They really were innovative. Too gimmicky now. Never mind. Enjoy your new phone and unlimited data when you get it :D

Guest waroffice

I got a great deal but dont want to say exactly incase tmob are listening....lts just say they need to train instore staff better :D

when will there be a decent flash player so ican play dragonfable in bed... www.dragonfable.con

edit....sorry i had a few beers before posting this...

Edited by waroffice