Skype on i-mate SP3

Guest gmartano

Guest gmartano

hi guys...I'm tryng to run skype on my i-mate SP3 (with MiniSD wi-fi card) following this instruction for SP5 ... it's seems it works (run)... but the problem is that skype don't use the right screen size..so i cannot see the "TAP IN.." button to try to log-in (e.g. ss034.jpg)...

any tips about this?...someone also tried to run skype on SP3?

...thnks in advance ...Giovanni

Guest duke_stix
hi guys...I'm tryng to run skype on my i-mate SP3 (with MiniSD wi-fi card) f

heya

im just curious as to where you managed to get a MINI SD wi-fi card from?!

ta

Guest The Doctor
heya

im just curious as to where you managed to get a MINI SD wi-fi card from?!

ta

for a start the Mini SD slot on a typhoon is NOT SDIO therfore a mini sd wifi card will not work in it. secondly there is NO skype version designed for WM smartphone. the version shown in the ss is a version for ppc, hence the 'tap to sign in' or whatever the text is. its designed for a QVGA screen (240x320) like the one in the ss. your typhoon has a 176x220 screen so you wont be able to see the entire screen.

As for mini sd wifi cars they can be purchased HERE but WILL NOT WORK in a HTC Typhoon

Phil

Guest gmartano

I found that it's compatibile with SP3 (eg. as Compatible with.. List HERE)

...it's was wrong? I've not yet received my wi-fi sd card..so i cannot use it no my SP3?

...however I tried to install the new skype beta version for PPC..it run on SP3 (i see and can insert my username and password)...but skype tell me cannot found wi-fi connection (obviously)..i think it can run well on SP5 that already have wi-fi on-board...

Edited by gmartano

Guest mini_man

Yes but it also says its not compatible with the Audiovox SMT5600.

The american version of the C500 which is EXACTLY the same just a different name!

Well give it a go and see if it will work but my money is on that it wont. And to tap on the skype login button you will have to use sphelper which is a virtual pointer for smartphone.