Using wired headset and bluetooth handsfree

Guest chrissyboy6969

Guest chrissyboy6969

May sound like a strange request but i want to use an fm transmitter so i can listen to stuff through my car stereo but also want to be able to use my bluetooth car kit, question is if i plug in the headset and adaptor which i plan to make will this then be seen as a handsfree kit and stop the bluetooth kit working

Anyone know before i buy the bits

Thanks

Chris

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
May sound like a strange request but i want to use an fm transmitter so i can listen to stuff through my car stereo but also want to be able to use my bluetooth car kit, question is if i plug in the headset and adaptor which i plan to make will this then be seen as a handsfree kit and stop the bluetooth kit working

Anyone know before i buy the bits

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

I assume you're talking about an itrip transmitter or something like that? :D You should be fine, the blue-tooth frequency is different from normal Card Radio frequencies - I'd think you'd be fine.

And as for the "transmitter" being recognized as a handsfree kit, I wouldn't have thought so - but I could be wrong! :D

I use my phone with a bluetooth hf, and it doesn't interface with my radio (or Vice Versa).

HTH

Matt

Guest chrissyboy6969

Just tried it out, bluetooth car kit works for all telephone calls and all music and device sounds come through the headphones, when the phone rings the music mutes and the call comes through the car kit, very clever until you hang up the call, then the music does not come back through the head phones, you have to unplug them and plug them back in again, very strange

Chris