Internet Speed Test

Guest RossDargan

Guest RossDargan

Can anyone please tell me how you guys check the speed of the internet on your hermes?! I have web n walk on tmobile - and think Im entitled to HSDPA from what you guys are saying - but would like to test me speed before hand!

Thanks

Ross

Guest randomelements

Yes, you are right - HSDPA does not require the WnWPro.

The speed varies depending on signal strength, line quality etc. Ideally, the max you could get is 1.8 megabits per sec but most people can record 1.1 or 1.2 mbps.

497.08k does indicate that you've got HSDPA as it's more than a 3G speed but it might be an idea to do it in a different location as well - get an idea of where you can get the best signal/speed.

Guest RossDargan

phoned the support and got through to someone really helpful first time - woo hoo. getting over 800k now which isn't bad lol!

starting to really love this phone!

Guest emyllis

How many of you find that the download starts really slowly e.g. 1 k for a few seconds before it suddenly kicks in and goes fast? Or is it just me?

And do you find certain webpages really slow to access?

Thanks for any feedback you can offer; (and I have HSDPA enabled)

Guest RossDargan

I find that happens yes. might be worth looking at the thread to do with the proxy.

it could be worth starting a new thread about this otherwise it may be over looked.

cheers

I find that happens yes. might be worth looking at the thread to do with the proxy.

it could be worth starting a new thread about this otherwise it may be over looked.

cheers

Without wishing to sound lazy, if anyone finds this and then looks there they might (like me) want to know if this proxy business relates to Orange as well as TMo? :D