Wisbar Advance 2

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest Syphon Filter

Hi guys...I've been looking at Wisbar Advance 2, I like the way you can "skin" the today screen with funky themes.

Is anyone running it on their Hermes device? If so how well does it run on the device? Does the skinning cause any major slow down etc? Any info appreciated...

TIA Syphon

Guest marisa4755

I am using Wisbar Lite and find it works very well.

If you look on their forums, you can probably get an idea if any other Hermes users are using it/having problems etc

Hrm,

I have a feeling the "skinning" it can do will cause slow down so not going to bother...

I use it on my Hermes (VarioII rom). It works fine, and the skinning can be turned on/off on a per application basis (I have it off for all apps, so its only the home screen thats skinned). If turned on for a app with many buttons, it does slow it down very slightly, but nothing too bad (even on my old Wizard which was very slow).

The only problem with it for me is that it only shows 'connected' or 'not connected' icons, so I cannot see if its connected on GPRS or 3G.

The task manager and cascading start menu are a god send... im still unsure why M$ didnt include such functionality in the core OS

george

Guest swampcat

Hermes is great for WA, i have no problems using the two together.

You'll take a memory hit of about 700k plus 200k-3mb of skin. Of course, the lighter weight the skin, the better.

Even with this, hermes run fine, i have 3 today plugins and lots of programs open at once normally.