M3100 Alarm

Guest dtemple

Guest emyllis

well i went and bought spb time , for 10 dollars, which works really well and allows you to set loads (infinite?) alarms, and is really customisable too.

That solved my problems a treat.

Tried out spb time, but couldn't get on with it.

For starters, it doesn't update the 'Date' item on the Today screen with a little alarm bell to remind you you've got an alarm set.

Admittedly, its more flexible in terms of setting alarms, but then on the flip side when the alarm goes off, you have the choice of dismiss or snooze, where as the built in alarm I can choose how long I want the snooze to be for.

The standard WM5 alarm will on play wav, but spb time will do mp3 and a few others, but no wma (shame).

The application itself is pretty good. I find the Today screen a bit pointless and too screen hungry. The timers/countdowns are good, and I really like the daylight/nightime world clock view, like on those electronic paintings that cost about a grand.

So for alarms, I'll be sticking with the default, just a shame I can't wake up to mp3/wma. I'll hand on to spb time though, as there are some useul touches in there.

I am using the built in alarm function.

How do I set the volume of the alarm to be at its loudest?

Also, what would people say the loudest and longest tone is - a simple ring noice lasting 2 seconds will not wake me up.

I went and bought SPB time and quite pleased with it. It plays MP3s which was my main requirement. I just can not believe the M3100 is incapable :D

AaronW - There is an option within the built in alarm function to repeat the sound and they are all pretty loud. The alarm volume is set (I think) by how high the general volume is on the phone - So tap the speaker icon next to the battery indicator and slide the left column to max.

Guest tonegolf71

The in-built alarm application can only play .wav files. You can convert an .mp3, but you may need to shorten the clip down as .wav files get big quickly.

To get your new .wav to appear in the drop-down selection list of the alarm application you need to place the .wav you want in the "/windows" folder.

The only way to play mp3's in an alarm is mentioned above.

Hope this helps. :D

Tony.

Edited by tonegolf71