Pop3 stopped working on t-mobile?

Guest jaso2005

Guest jaso2005

just a quick one, has everyones pop3 stopped working on GPRS/3G or not?

Mine has, i can recieve and send fine on wifi but through t-mobile it just sticks on "connecting"

works fine here. using yahoos free email accounts and pop access. set up with two accounts on my vario 2.

have you set it to use t-mobile internet or the internet cos any other one won't work. and needless to say have you got your username and password right also who are you accessing by pop3 smtp. might be able to help with the settings if its one of the big free ones.

Jeremy

I also had problems yesterday - but it was the first time I'd used email.

I must have tried 10-15 times to connect to Wanadoo. It was only successful twice but it took ages to complete send & receive.

On all failures I could get past connecting>loggin on> but it was timing out on send & recieve.

Trying to send anything was impossible.

So it appears my settings are OK if I have the odd sucess at downloading emails, so what's the problem with the time outs when looking in my account - is it my end or Wanadoo?

Nick

I also had problems yesterday - but it was the first time I'd used email.

I must have tried 10-15 times to connect to Wanadoo. It was only successful twice but it took ages to complete send & receive.

On all failures I could get past connecting>loggin on> but it was timing out on send & recieve.

Trying to send anything was impossible.

So it appears my settings are OK if I have the odd sucess at downloading emails, so what's the problem with the time outs when looking in my account - is it my end or Wanadoo?

Nick

I'm also having similar problems, but not to Wannado, another server (in the US). I can mostly download email, but have only one (ever!) managed to make it actually send one. (Is there a t-mobile smtp server that it might work better with ?

Adge

I'm also having similar problems, but not to Wannado, another server (in the US). I can mostly download email, but have only one (ever!) managed to make it actually send one. (Is there a t-mobile smtp server that it might work better with ?

Adge

(oh dear - replying to my own posts - can't be a good sign !!)

For me at least, this looks like a t-mobile problem, as I can send and receive with no problems on a wifi link.

Adge

Guest Loconinja

If you have problems sending, try using the T-Mobile SMTP server:

smtp.t-email.co.uk

I have created two accounts: "Eclipse" and "Eclipse T-Mobile" (Eclipse is my ISP).

"Eclipse" uses the Eclipse SMTP server and connects using "My Work Network". I use this account when I am connected to my home network via WiFi.

"Eclipse T-Mobile" uses the T-Mobile SMTP server and connects using "T-Mobile Internet". I use this account when I'm on 3G or GPRS.

It's a bit unsatisfactory as it means I have two inboxes (and in WM, you still can't copy e-mails between accounts - why?), but it does mean I don't have to mess about with network settings when I switch between WiFi and 3G/GPRS.

why dont you just set it to connect to "the internet" instead of t-mobile internet. that way it should work no matter which SMTP server you are using or connection#

although mine works fine with yahoo's smtp server connected to "the internet" and no matter whether im checking via wifi or 3g it works on the same account.

JEREMY

Guest Loconinja

I tried using "the internet", but the phone would still try and connect to 3G/GPRS, even if I was connected to WiFi. This is an issue for PIE too.

If anyone has a solution for this, I'd be very happy!

You mean that thread, that I started? :D

Urps!!!!! Turning off the security on your router and connecting automatically didn't cure your problem? Seemed to work for me and Rickwookie.

If you have problems sending, try using the T-Mobile SMTP server:

smtp.t-email.co.uk

I have created two accounts: "Eclipse" and "Eclipse T-Mobile" (Eclipse is my ISP).

"Eclipse" uses the Eclipse SMTP server and connects using "My Work Network". I use this account when I am connected to my home network via WiFi.

"Eclipse T-Mobile" uses the T-Mobile SMTP server and connects using "T-Mobile Internet". I use this account when I'm on 3G or GPRS.

It's a bit unsatisfactory as it means I have two inboxes (and in WM, you still can't copy e-mails between accounts - why?), but it does mean I don't have to mess about with network settings when I switch between WiFi and 3G/GPRS.

No joy with that server either - it always fails, and asks me to check my network coverage and account details. I can't find any other settings to play with !

... actually that's not true (it had just crashed). Now it just sits there saying "Connecting ..." :-(

Adge

Edited by adge

Have you got the settings from wannadoos site?

have you tried the same thing VIA wifi (or activesync) and see if it connects?

what SMTP server are you using?

JEREMY

I'm using

Incoming pop.wanadoo.co.uk

Outgoing smtp.t-email.co.uk

Its still timing out a lot at the send/receive stage but it actually managed to send an email today. It was 210 Kb and took 4 minutes to despatch!!

I haven't set up WIFI yet - my main mission is getting BT to work first!

Nick

Guest jaso2005

just to update everyone on this, been in contact with t-mobile and it is a problem on my account and they are getting there head technical director to look in to it.

I found this out because even when i put my sim in to my data card it still doesnt work, so its quite obviously a network problem.