post your hermes phone camera pics

Guest benzo

Guest richard_d
where is the setting to turn the sharpness down? i cant seem to find it anywhere?

Turn the camera on

Press the spanner symbol (on the left)

Press the spanner symbol (far right)

go to page two (second arrow up on right)

press adjust

press sharpness

press minus until set at what you require

tick symbol to save

ok

Richard

Guest richard_d
Anyone using whole picture rather than center metering mode?

P

I tried both and the average mode is better if the central area is exceptionally bright or dark. Shame you can't meter with centered metering, and hold the exposure metering for a short while.

Richard

Guest Paul (MVP)

All in all, the Camera app is much better than before, it'll be interesting to see what the TyTN version of CoolCamera is like.

At least it SHOULD let you choose which of the 2 cameras to use too!

P

post-202124-1157930776_thumb.jpg

Old Trafford 9th September just before the Spurs Game

difficult lighting due to the bright sunlight on the far side of the pitch

Edited by daddyo

Guest richard_d

A macro shot - minimal sharpening and contrast (which seem to be the optimum settings):

post-204153-1157971911_thumb.jpg

and following the cameras built in auto correct:

post-204153-1157971994_thumb.jpg

Nice to see the auto-correct doesn't add unwanted sharpening!

Richard

Guest barrybryce

I've been using whole picture metering - on a few evening walks in woodland. Made a definite improvement in quality.

Edit - comparison photos added. It was really quite dark when these were taken.

post-9300-1158010769_thumb.jpg

post-9300-1158010790_thumb.jpg

Edited by barrybryce

Guest richard_d
I've been using whole picture metering - on a few evening walks in woodland. Made a definite improvement in quality.

Nice - shots - it's definitely worth playing with the metering, particularly as it's only one button press on the main screen, and pretty much viewable on screen.

More examples:

Average (full screen metering):

post-204153-1158049369_thumb.jpg

Centre weighted:

post-204153-1158049386_thumb.jpg

Centre weighted, repositioned to mid tone area:

post-204153-1158049406_thumb.jpg

Richard

yeah grid mode is quite good

Got a question when i set the sharpness to 1 from 7 and tap the tick then ok its all saved for that shot.

but if i go into the camera app another time normally id use it once a week or so (so have soft reset at least once by then) the settings are all back to defaults ie camera sharpness is 7 not 1 like i had it set to. Does anyone know if the settings are able to be stored through soft resets!

JEREMY

Guest richard_d
Got a question when i set the sharpness to 1 from 7 and tap the tick then ok its all saved for that shot.

but if i go into the camera app another time normally id use it once a week or so (so have soft reset at least once by then) the settings are all back to defaults ie camera sharpness is 7 not 1 like i had it set to. Does anyone know if the settings are able to be stored through soft resets!

JEREMY

Sorry - no idea how to fix it, but it is rather annoying - and if you find out i'd appreciate the solution.

richard

Guest MARKUKCOUK

If you want to see some videos from the M3100 and don't mind putting up with me and the missus taking the piss, being rather loud, and/or stupid...

Clicky here:

or

or

Guest The Doctor
I think it's the Lamborghini Murcielago:

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-summar...A=54&RT=406

I've attached the bigger jpg

Unfortunately not, only the Ferrari is mine... <_<

nope deff a gallardo, can tell by the headlight clusters, alloys, and the shape of it. that green one on the end it familiar somehow too.... Saleen S7?

the picture quality is still a bit shocking.... (vague attempt at bringing thread back on topic)

Phil

nope deff a gallardo, can tell by the headlight clusters, alloys, and the shape of it. that green one on the end it familiar somehow too.... Saleen S7?

the picture quality is still a bit shocking.... (vague attempt at bringing thread back on topic)

Phil

:D

I was taking about the green car when talking about the Lamborghini Murcielago - take a look at the what car link.

With regards to the pitcure quality - totally agree with you. I think there is some camera shake there though. What sort of file size should a 2mb camera be saving at?

Edited by wills

Guest The Doctor
:D

I was taking about the green car when talking about the Lamborghini Murcielago - take a look at the what car link.

With regards to the pitcure quality - totally agree with you. I think there is some camera shake there though. What sort of file size should a 2mb camera be saving at?

ahhhh, no the headlight on the Murcielago are flat and these are more rounded.... its not a saleen tho either..... its a mystery!

the SE K750i saves at around 300kb, the N70 saves around 400kb-500kb

Phil

Guest richard_d
ahhhh, no the headlight on the Murcielago are flat and these are more rounded.... its not a saleen tho either..... its a mystery!

the SE K750i saves at around 300kb, the N70 saves around 400kb-500kb

Phil

File size is very dependant on the individual image. Looking at the photo (and being a non-driver I wasn't too distracted by the cars :D ) there is definite camera shake, and I presume sharpening is still on the heavy default setting. Whilst the photo isn't quite level the photo does suggest the camera exhibits some curvature at the edges as well.

Even with it's faults the camera's not appalling though - in my opinion.

Richard

agreed not appaling totally but nearly there

going from a k750i camera which i had there is such a big drop in quality considering they are both 2mpx cameras

k750i was about 300k for normal or 500k for fine mode for most shots (although this did vary)

and having seen what the n73 and K800i can do well htc have a lot to do to catch up camera quality wise. heck not to catch up to be in the same planetary alignment.

out of interest i find taking video at 320-240 much better than 352 -288 it seems a lot smoother and nicer. although when i play it on the computer media player classic insists that its only recorded at 15FPS. what FPS is the video at 320-240 recorded at and what quality of sound out of interest.

Also as regards to cool camera when looking at the site it does not really sound like much if any improvement when it comes to the video part i mean 640-480 by 5 fps is not usable and 320-240 with 12fps is less than the default software (admittedly these are the listings for the qteks200 or prophet) but ill wait and see

any idea when that comes out for the hermes

JEREMY

The Settings for the camera are stored in HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\General\MainCameraProperties - but weirdly, after changing the camera settings within the camera application the registry settings didn't change. I'm going to experiment with these settings and report back. Specifically I'll check whether changing the registry settings survives a soft reset...