SPV M600 or SPV M3100

Guest ricky10

Guest ricky10

Hi

Just wondering what the general feeling was out there on these phones. Read both reviews and they both look good in their own right. But I was wondering if there were any thoughts to which one I should go for.

(I know it all depends on what I want to use it for etcetera, but I'm looking for personal pros and cons and caveats, which will allow me to take into account things I haven't put on my requirements list).

Also, A few questions:

1: The M600 I have read reviews on the WLAN saying it is 802.11b & 802.11g and some saying it is only 802.11b. Can anyone confirm exactly what speed it does support.

2: I have read that the 200mHz processor can be overclocked to get a bit more out of the M600. Has anyone done this and experienced any issues?

3: I have read that the processor performs very well for a 200 on the M600, and though some smartphones run on 400Mhz, they still feel slow. Can anyone comment if the processing speed feels that much better with the M3100 and 400 against the M600 with 200?

Finally, what would you go for? An M600 at

Guest The Doctor
Hi

Just wondering what the general feeling was out there on these phones. Read both reviews and they both look good in their own right. But I was wondering if there were any thoughts to which one I should go for.

(I know it all depends on what I want to use it for etcetera, but I'm looking for personal pros and cons and caveats, which will allow me to take into account things I haven't put on my requirements list).

Also, A few questions:

1: The M600 I have read reviews on the WLAN saying it is 802.11b & 802.11g and some saying it is only 802.11b. Can anyone confirm exactly what speed it does support.

2: I have read that the 200mHz processor can be overclocked to get a bit more out of the M600. Has anyone done this and experienced any issues?

3: I have read that the processor performs very well for a 200 on the M600, and though some smartphones run on 400Mhz, they still feel slow. Can anyone comment if the processing speed feels that much better with the M3100 and 400 against the M600 with 200?

Finally, what would you go for? An M600 at

Another thing to think about is the size of the phone the M600 is thinner than the M3100. it depends on what functions you want , the best thing to do is make a list of functions that you want and then compare the two on oranges site , both are good phones it can come down to personal choice having the keypad which makes the phone fatter or without ( M600 ) which is thinner :D

Guest Pondrew

I had the same dilemma as the MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer) I had before is similar to the SPV M600 (HTC Prophet), only missing the wifi hardware and improved camera. In the end I decided to upgrade to the MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes), T-Mobiles equivalent of the SPV M3100, not for the keyboard but for the high speed data (even bog standard 3G is significantly faster then GPRS/EDGE, let alone the 3.5G HSDPA that the Hermes is capable of if the network supports it).

I'd say if data speed and keyboard don't interest you, or if a small form factor is all important to you, then go for the SPV M600, otherwise the M3100 is for you!

Guest solarflare

I'd say the keyboard is very important. If you don't have one you have to enter text with that rubbish on screen keyboard (too small to be useful, but still takes up too much screen space), or using handwriting recognition (takes about 5 tries to input a word). I say go for the hermes/M3100.

Guest Pondrew

Lets not forget that the SPV M600 includes Phone Pad (an application that gives an on screen representation of a phone keypad with T9 predictive text). Makes one handed texting possible (even if it's not as good an experience as with a regular keypad). The SPV M3100 doesn't and I'm guessing solarflare was assuming from that that neither would the M600...

Guest ricky10
Lets not forget that the SPV M600 includes Phone Pad (an application that gives an on screen representation of a phone keypad with T9 predictive text). Makes one handed texting possible (even if it's not as good an experience as with a regular keypad). The SPV M3100 doesn't and I'm guessing solarflare was assuming from that that neither would the M600...

Hi Just got the M600 on trial, it would look to me that it only supports 802.11b and not 802.11g.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest The Doctor
Hi Just got the M600 on trial, it would look to me that it only supports 802.11b and not 802.11g.

Has anyone else experienced this?

M600 is deffinately capable of 802.11 B AND G as its based on the HTC Prophet.

Phil