2 more vario 2 problems

Guest emyllis

Guest emyllis

1) On reloading the computer, I get 2 WAV's which play randomly but repeatedly, say 10 times in 5 minutes -

2) It takes 5 minutes for the Voicemail icon to disappear once I've listened and deleted the voice mail from my computer...

Any other users encountered these problems?

And how do I resolve these!?

Guest john.-h
No, sorry. Not had either of these happen.

my old m5000 seemed to take ages for the message icon to disapear the best way i found was to stay on the phone once you have listened to messages and it goes off then disconnect. usually only about 5 secs though ?

Guest danktuft

That Voicemail icon is extremely annoying. I wouldn't really mind if the icon was there but the notification menu bottom left makes me want to hit strangers :D

Guest thereaperman

they way i fixed this problem, was after i listen to the voicemail message i press 7(the delete) and then * (to end the call) and it always goes away. if its not going away leave your self a voicemail message then do the above that will fix it

Guest emyllis

perfect. I will give it a go and hopefully that'll resolve my issues.

As to the other problem of noises, i'll take a video of it rebooting to show you how annoying it can be!

Cheers

Guest Pandemonium
my old m5000 seemed to take ages for the message icon to disapear the best way i found was to stay on the phone once you have listened to messages and it goes off then disconnect. usually only about 5 secs though ?

Isn't that more of a network operator issue? I find that the voicemail icon can take a long time to disappear on my Nokia N80 on Vodafone too.

Guest Swampie

The voicemail icon is controlled via an (invisible to you) SMS sent to your device. If the SMS is delayed (or never sent) then the icon never gets cleared.

I would suggest that the delay is down to the network being slow in sending the SMS to your handset.