Using Cingular 8125 to play audio over bluetooth

Guest ITAdmin

Guest ITAdmin

Hello all...

My first post here!

I found this site by googling a "Bluetooth Toggle" search, which was presented to me by a Cingular CSR. Looks like a great place for information, so I know I will be hanging here often! :D

What I want to know is, can audio files stored on the mini SD card in the phone be played VIA bluetooth to a bluetooth enabled car stereo I intend to buy (or any bluetooth device or receiver for that matter) to use as a handsfree kit? The radio is a Pioneer DEH-9800BT and will do the handsfree job well.

What I would like to accomplish is the elimination of carrying a portable MP3 player along with the phone as I do now! I have a wireless FM transmitter that I plug it into in the car and a second set of stereo speakers at my desk to listen to the audio files on the portable MP3 player. Can this new phone transmit the audio VIA bluetooth to the car stereo and also to my desk PC, with some type of bluetooth reciever/adapter/widget type device?

I haven't received the phone yet, but it should arrive in the next couple of days, so I'm trying to get a jump on getting it setup. Does anyone know if this phone can handle a 4GB Mini SD card or is there a limit on the size?

Thanks for any help!! :D

IT Admin

Edited by ITAdmin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charquasi

I"m also looking for "pod-esque" accessories for my Cingular 8125 as well. I've been hunting for them since I got my phone a month ago. So far all I found was a camcorder AV mini sync cable.

Camcorder AV miniSync (Audio/Video)

BoxWave's new Camcorder AV miniSync (Audio/Video) allows you to connect your camcorder to a projector or TV and share your videos with others in a glorious multimedia experience!

http://www.boxwave.com/products/camcorderavms/index.htm

This company had this listed under the accessories for the 8125 so who knows if it works.

Anyway chap, I was only able to find a 1gb card for my phone and I was told that it only can handle 2gb. I wouldn't be suprised however, if it could handle a 1tb card hahaha (I wish). I love this phone with all my heart. Screw an Ipod!

Let us all know if you find anything about car and desk audio. Thanks for starting this post.