Orange M3100 sleep glitch

Guest The_Undertaker

Guest The_Undertaker

Hi,

I'm real happy with my SPV 3100 but one thing is annoying me - Whenever I 'wake' up the phone manually from sleep the screen orientation is landscape for around a second (or just under) until it sorts itself out and goes to portrait. This only seems to happen after it's been in sleep for a while. I've tried going back to the default Orange theme to see if it makes any difference but no :D

Are you guys seeing the same problem or is it just a dodgy phone / connection on phone somewhere?

It's still under 14 days old so I'm pretty sure I'll be entitled to a replacement - Just didn't know if it's a known problem.

Ta,

The_Undertaker

yes that happens with my vario 2 every now and then too. not sure if its a known problem but it does not bug me enough to even think about taking it back.

especially as it does no harm and is so short lived

just my two cents

Jeremy

Guest jeffhelm
Hi,

I'm real happy with my SPV 3100 but one thing is annoying me - Whenever I 'wake' up the phone manually from sleep the screen orientation is landscape for around a second (or just under) until it sorts itself out and goes to portrait. This only seems to happen after it's been in sleep for a while. I've tried going back to the default Orange theme to see if it makes any difference but no :D

Are you guys seeing the same problem or is it just a dodgy phone / connection on phone somewhere?

It's still under 14 days old so I'm pretty sure I'll be entitled to a replacement - Just didn't know if it's a known problem.

Ta,

The_Undertaker

I've had my Orange M3100 for three weeks now and regularly have it in sleep mode. It takes about half a second to come out of sleep mode and whilst it takes another half a second to update the clock on the Orange Today screen, there's never been a problem with the orientation - always portrait.

However I'm still waiting back from Orange CS - sometimes when I power on from off, I get a hung orange logo and the phone requires a hard reset! This has happened 5 times in three weeks.

Guest richard_d
yes that happens with my vario 2 every now and then too. not sure if its a known problem but it does not bug me enough to even think about taking it back.

especially as it does no harm and is so short lived

just my two cents

Jeremy

Yes it happens on my Vario II at most it's a very minor annoyance, in that I have to wait a second to key in my paranoia pin code.

Guest Syphon Filter
Hi,

Ta,

The_Undertaker

What is the specific scenario? Is this when you are taking the device out of the case?

Is it when the device has gone to sleep while it was in landscape, you have since close the keyboard then woken it?

etc?

Guest The_Undertaker
What is the specific scenario? Is this when you are taking the device out of the case?

Is it when the device has gone to sleep while it was in landscape, you have since close the keyboard then woken it?

etc?

Hi,

It's when I actually press the power button to wake it up. The screen has been in portrait mode when I put the phone to sleep leave it for a few hours and when I press the power button again the screen is in landscape for a second or so.

The keyboard always stays shut but still this problem. It seems to happen more often than not in that occasionally it will behave as it should.

Guest Pondrew

I've noticed this but only when taking the device out of the carry case and had assumed, like in the MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) before it, that it was just the magnet in the carry case activating the landscape mode (switch to landscape mode on pulling out the keyboad is activated by a magnet)...

Guest richard_d
I've noticed this but only when taking the device out of the carry case and had assumed, like in the MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) before it, that it was just the magnet in the carry case activating the landscape mode (switch to landscape mode on pulling out the keyboad is activated by a magnet)...

Hardly a scientific test, but I tried keeping it in my shirt pocket between uses for an hour and didn't have the changing screen so you could be right. Thanks.

Hardly a scientific test, but I tried keeping it in my shirt pocket between uses for an hour and didn't have the changing screen so you could be right. Thanks.

I think it is the magnets in the case, I used the standard case for 2 weeks and it would do this most times I took it out, but now I have a ADVERTISING SPAM case (which uses a magnet for the clasp, but it's in a different position and is not a powerful as the standard case) and it doesnt do it now.

I wonder if it is doing anything else to the phone?