MDA Vario II locking up since hard reset

Guest budda

The other night my shiny new T-Mobile MDA Vario II got stuck in a crashing startup for some unknown reason. As it booted up, if i was quick at entering my pin - i could move around a few screens but it would then freeze after about 20 seconds.

In the end i gave up trying to resolve the problem and performed the hard reset as documented. This worked fine, but since the hard reset a few things are different in the software (I can't remember what they were off hand ATM).

The main problem I have is that the phone seems a lot slower now when booting up before it shows the PIN code screen. Screen redraws seem sluggish, the messaging/email works erratically - sometimes emails dissapear from the Inbox, today I can't even access the messaging app to view txt/mms/email.

The phone has also began randomly locking up and not responding to any button presses. The green and blue LEDs do continue to flash, but i can't do anything with the phone, and I have to resort to poking the reset pin.

Could some last minute T-Mobile configuration settings have been lost from the hard reset? Is there any documented registry tweaks to speed up screen redraws etc.?

I was really loving this phone until yesterday when it turned in to a mobile hell. :D

Guest richard_d
The other night my shiny new T-Mobile MDA Vario II got stuck in a crashing startup for some unknown reason. As it booted up, if i was quick at entering my pin - i could move around a few screens but it would then freeze after about 20 seconds.

In the end i gave up trying to resolve the problem and performed the hard reset as documented. This worked fine, but since the hard reset a few things are different in the software (I can't remember what they were off hand ATM).

The main problem I have is that the phone seems a lot slower now when booting up before it shows the PIN code screen. Screen redraws seem sluggish, the messaging/email works erratically - sometimes emails dissapear from the Inbox, today I can't even access the messaging app to view txt/mms/email.

The phone has also began randomly locking up and not responding to any button presses. The green and blue LEDs do continue to flash, but i can't do anything with the phone, and I have to resort to poking the reset pin.

Could some last minute T-Mobile configuration settings have been lost from the hard reset? Is there any documented registry tweaks to speed up screen redraws etc.?

I was really loving this phone until yesterday when it turned in to a mobile hell. :D

Have a look in the Hermes specific pages - there's quite a bit of discussion on known bugs.