TMobile CS denied knowledge of screen alignment issue.

Guest randomelements

Guest sporkguy
Colleague of mine here at work had the screen alignment issue (and he order his Vario II AFTER mine). Had just had it swapped.

He went into the T-Mobile shop (even though he didn't buy it there) and they called up for him and arranged next day delivery of a replacement to our workplace.

Lucky so and so was left with a spare set of accessories and spare battery as they provided a new boxed unit after telling him to only return the handset itself.

They will certainly call up for anyone and pass you onto CS. However, you will never get a replacement device in-store unless you purchased it from a T Retail store, as we can only process exchanges through Domino, and if you're not on there, you have to go via Telereg :D

They will certainly call up for anyone and pass you onto CS. However, you will never get a replacement device in-store unless you purchased it from a T Retail store, as we can only process exchanges through Domino, and if you're not on there, you have to go via Telereg :D

Quite pleased I bought instore now!

Guest magic_alex

My screen also has the infamous alignment problem along with a wi-fi issue where it refuses to keep a constant connection to any network regardless of signal strength - i called up t-mobile today and the admitted that both issues were hardwaare faults and will be sneding a replacement in the morning - cant fault them for that very reasonable!

Guest Snoopstah

My replacement's coming on Friday (it would have been tomorrow, but Friday is more convenient for me). Yet again, I can't fault T-Mobile's customer services - phone was answered immediately and nothing but friendly and apologetic.

I'm sure something's going to go horribly wrong sometime soon - it's a little too good to be true...

Guest spacemonkey

Rang them yesterday (150), went through from CS to the Vario team to handsets, explained the situation 3 times, but without too much time wasting.

They claimed no knowledge of the issue but I should get a replacement couriered this morning.

Box up the old one and the courier will take it away. Just finished hard reseting etc abd back on my wizard.

(serial of broken phone is starts HT632)

Edited by spacemonkey

Are the replacement varios ok ? and do not have the problem ? if so posting the batch number might help future vario2 buyers so that they dont walk out the shop with a duff model

Guest magic_alex
My replacement has a serial starting HT634 and is absolutely fine :D

Yep my replacement camethis afternoon and so far its not got the same problems the previous one had

Serial Number HTC634 as opposed to 632 on the old one

Guest noodles-21

doh! I had to realign my vario 2 (serial HT632) 3 or 4 times yesterday. This being my first touch screen phone I thought it was a normal practice :D I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow, good job I got it from the t-mob shop, and I took out the insurance. How many days do you have in order to swap? I thought it was 14 days?

Guest bydandie
You get 28 days to swap a faulty device.

If you bought it off the internet/phone then under the 2000 amendment to the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, any defect within the first six months is classed as failing at the point of sale and you have an option to get a replacement or repair. 'Tis the law, and T-Mob can't argue with that! :D

Guest spacemonkey

Totally, it really gets on my t*ts that companies claim that manufacturer defects are only 28 days but they can sell you "insurance" to protect you beyond that. There are stacks of consumer law about manufacturer defects and they can't reduce your rights just cos they want to charge you

Guest noodles-21

I just called 150 from my mobile to ask for a swap, the nice guy I spoke to said no problem sir, just pop it back into the store you got it from and they will change it. So I rang the t-mobile store where I got the phone from and they dont have any left... but I asked him if there was another store I could pick it up from and he said yes, I called the other store and they have them in stock! He has put one away for me which i'll be getting today, they dont close until 8pm.

I also made sure that the serial number of the phone they have put away is from the newer batch HT634 and not the HT632 that i've got now. He told me that the serial starts with HT634. :D

Guest noodles-21

I swapped the HT632 for the HT634 on friday, it seems to be ok for now, but it's early days and it took a few weeks for the alignment problem to show itself on the HT632, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

It's true that the HT634 does have a more solid feel to the back, but, (and it might just be me?) i've noticed the battery doesnt seem to last as long, also I can't for the life of me get the phone to sync with the pc! it only took a minute on the HT632. anyone else having same type of problems?

i have a 634 and it is starting to exhibit the screen misalighnment problem.

I too have a 634 ( havent switched it - just got the new phone about 7 days ago).

I also get a problem though strangely only with trying to press the 'i' and it presses 'o'.

Also, I really have to go on the extreme far right of the screen so the stylus is running along the edge of the phone in order to scroll down.

Any other 634 people out there getting the same? Is it worth replacing if they are just handing out 634's?

Guest noodles-21

That's where my alignment was going wrong, on the far right, I couldnt scroll...

the worse thing i've noticed since changing my HT632 for the HT634 is how hot it gets and how quick the battery drains! with my HT632 the battery level dropped overnight by 10% the newer batch HT634 has dropped by 50% over the same amount of time! I've checked all settings and I have them set the same as before. what would people suggest I do? I'm thinking of calling them back and asking for a new battery, but maybe it's the phone and not the battery?

It certainly looks like this alignment issue is going to be a big problem for the makers. :D

Just bought mine today. Just getting our of box so no comment as yet.

The serial code on mine starts HT635 (only heard on HT632 and HT634 on here). Fingers crossed, there won't be problems.

Guest RossDargan
Just bought mine today. Just getting our of box so no comment as yet.

The serial code on mine starts HT635 (only heard on HT632 and HT634 on here). Fingers crossed, there won't be problems.

I have just called to report mine as faulty, ill let you know which serial I get (got 632) now.

My 634 gets extremely hot as well, especially when using MSN and the screen alignment problem is affecting the far right of the screen as well.

My previous 2 handsets were fine.

Build qaulity is the same on all models and if you have got a better or worse model it is all down to luck.

Will be swapping mine when they get stock.

Starting to become a joke now...

Guest noodles-21

Battery has gone down to 90% in less than 1 hour from me unplugging it from the charger and not in use!. not using bluetooth, wifi etc, no programs open and thats with all the power saving settings further down than what I had set on the returned HT632!

It also seems to hang up (getting the ding! ding! ding!) on some calls I make as if signal has been lost, this never used to happen on the HT632 I returned.

All that needs to happen now is for the screen alignment problem to return!

I've been in touch with t-mob (150) and they have told me to return it to the shop :rolleyes: damn! This isn't going very well is it? This'll be my third one within 24 days!

I'll phone the shop tomorrow and see if they have any in stock.

Battery has gone down to 90% in less than 1 hour from me unplugging it from the charger and not in use!. not using bluetooth, wifi etc, no programs open and thats with all the power saving settings further down than what I had set on the returned HT632!

It also seems to hang up (getting the ding! ding! ding!) on some calls I make as if signal has been lost, this never used to happen on the HT632 I returned.

All that needs to happen now is for the screen alignment problem to return!

I've been in touch with t-mob (150) and they have told me to return it to the shop :( damn! This isn't going very well is it? This'll be my third one within 24 days!

I'll phone the shop tomorrow and see if they have any in stock.

3? Pah, I'll be on my fourth come the end of the week! :rolleyes:

Guest noodles-21
3? Pah, I'll be on my fourth come the end of the week! :rolleyes:

4 in just over a week? I'll just give the people at the guiness book of records a quick ring... if this damn phone lets me! :(

BTW the battery level went to 80% about 15 mins ago!!