Magnetic Car Mount

Guest FragMeister

Guest FragMeister

I have recently got a magnetic car mount from Proporta [Link] but am after some advice on the best location on the back (of an MDA Vario II) to position the stick on magnet as I have read that magnets interferes with the sliding mechanism so that the screen gets confused between portrait/landscape.

Does anyone else already use this and can post a pic of the magnet on the back, and whether it confuses the keyboard open/close sensor.

Edited by FragMeister

Guest awarner (MVP)

I have not played with the mechanism myself but if it is indeed magnetically operated then it is possible but the thickness of the keyboard back may be forgiving.

Personally I don't like magnets too near any device let alone sticking one to it. If you want a decent carmount look at one by Brodit they are

by fay the best you can buy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FragMeister

As mentioned in first post above, I got the Proporta mount.

The metal adhesive plate is too thick for fitting beneath the battery cover, so I stuck it onto the outside of the cover.

tried it on my strong magnet on the holder:

Attempt 1: When removing the phone from the holder, the battery cover was pulled off the back of the phone :rolleyes:

Attempt 2: put my fingers round the back of the phone (to ensure the battery cover didnt remain on the holder as previously) and this time, the metal plate came unstuck off the back of phone :(

Now, this might be a bigger problem with the Vario II due to the grooves on the back not affording a good surface for the adhesive plate, but as is, it's unusable and is going back - sorry proporta!

Also, the magnets were causing the screen to flip into landscape/portrait.