Application unlock for my O2 MPX200

Guest frank.lui

Guest frank.lui

After read discussions about app unlock I followed the suggestion to try 'pass through' method. But at thr final page, I was told Orange cannot find my IMEI in their database. My phone is SIM locked to O2. Is this the reason? Anyone suggestion of how to unlock this phone? I already sent a mail to [email protected] but not sure if they can or willing to help me. I believe this phone was made for O2 in the first place because I remember its original box having O2 logo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dodding nonkey

Sim unlock and application unlock are 2 different things, however, I don't see orange being in too much of a rush to help out an o2 customer, it took them long enough to help me out when I was a customer of theirs. They did send me a cab file

DOH! I just seen the date you posted your question on - have you had any success or do you still need a hand?

Guest frank.lui
Sim unlock and application unlock are 2 different things, however, I don't see orange being in too much of a rush to help out an o2 customer, it took them long enough to help me out when I was a customer of theirs. They did send me a cab file

DOH! I just seen the date you posted your question on - have you had any success or do you still need a hand?

Yes, I eventually found a programme to unlock my phone.

They did send me a cab file after 48 hours. But I did not try it as my phone was unlocked already. Thanks for you attention.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest frank.lui
What country are you from? as I have never heard of O2 selling the MPX200.

UK. I got it from eBay. There is no O2 logo on the phone and box, just a sticker. The start up logo is not O2 but a 'mobile operator', strange. Also I found it works with O2 and Orange SIM card but not T-mobile UK card, even more stranger?! Anyone has an idea? How do I know if it is really unlocked? Well, I post the same question in mobile-gadget-news, sorry if you look at both.