Automatic Internet Connection?

Guest blany

Hi,

The Vario II is my first PDA and loving it. I have Sync'd it with my laptop and had push E-mail from my BT Account. The problem is it automatically tries connecting to the internet constantly between 4pm-5pm. I always cancel it but it retries it over and over again until I turn the handset off then back on again when it stops. I have checked in my message settings and have made sure it is not connecting to send/receive email but it stil does it. Could this be anything to do with ActiveSync or the fact I have Push Email???

Please help because even though I can still recieve calls when connected... It's really annoying!!!!!

Guest fantastic_mr_q
Hi,

The Vario II is my first PDA and loving it. I have Sync'd it with my laptop and had push E-mail from my BT Account. The problem is it automatically tries connecting to the internet constantly between 4pm-5pm. I always cancel it but it retries it over and over again until I turn the handset off then back on again when it stops. I have checked in my message settings and have made sure it is not connecting to send/receive email but it stil does it. Could this be anything to do with ActiveSync or the fact I have Push Email???

Please help because even though I can still recieve calls when connected... It's really annoying!!!!!

My phone also for no reason constantly tries to connect to gprs. the wost is wen I'm browsing my wifi and suddenly it thinks "I know lets connect to gprs" I say cancel n it says "oi! le'me trie that again" and so the battle begins. I find it stops trying after 5 attempts. I have nothing that automtically connects to the net so why would it do it? especially if my wifi is connected at the time. I just percivere.

Do you have the new windows live beta on ya phone cos mine never did it till I installed that.

Guest Pandemonium
Hi,

I think it's due to push. Sync the device with the PC and go to the schedule settings in Activesync on the PC. I've set mine to to "as it arrives" during peak times (7am to 7pm for me) and "manually" during off-peak. Push email works by maintaining a connection with the mail server so that it can receive new item notifications as they arrive. If you go to Comm Manager and deselect push email you'll find that it won't connect to the Internet.

Right, couldnt wait so I exchanged it for a new one got a new problem now....

Re-installed ActiveSync on my laptop, installed great but now it won't find my device... HELP!

Right, couldnt wait so I exchanged it for a new one got a new problem now....

Re-installed ActiveSync on my laptop, installed great but now it won't find my device... HELP!

Firewall problem? It needs four different allowed activesync files before it will work. Make sure all the .exe files in program files/microsoft activesync are added to your firewall allowed list.