Huh?

Guest genaldar

Guest genaldar

Some mp3s I wanted to use for short tones don't seem to be playable on my phone. They were saved using the same bitrate as all of my other tones but they don't play. The strange thing is they're all short (around 1.5 seconds at most). They would be great for sms/mms/email tones but all I get is that damn default beep. I've tried converting them to wma and wav and still no luck. Any idea why they won't play?

I'll attach a couple I made from scratch to see it its just my phone.

To clarify they play in wmp and in tcpmp but not if I just "open" them from the file browser.

Crew.mp3

Shoot_the_Jay.mp3

Edited by genaldar

Guest Disco Stu

For message/alert notifications you need to use PCM-format wavs. These are the only files that the phone will use.

Windows Sound Recorder will reformat wav files. It is in Programs, Accessories, Entertainment on your PC. You load the file then Save As..

HTH

:D

Guest genaldar

Using RJV tonesetter you can use any playable format you want. In fact I'm currently using longer mp3s since these aren't working. But they suck because I can't stop the alert short so I hear all 10 seconds (or whatever it may be).

My problem isn't setting them as the tones its getting them to play, period. If I go the the file browser and hit the action key all that plays is the default sound (ding). But if I open wmp or tcpmp and play them in there its fine. I've also tried wav and wma format and I have the same problem, they won't play unless I open them with wmp or tcpmp.

I'm using asian rom 3.46

Edited by genaldar