ActiveSync

Guest gibbo_ap

Guest gibbo_ap

I have recently purchased an m3100 and am loving the device, i wanted to synce my old (broken) m5000 then sysnc my new device to copy the contacts. but neither will sync!!! whilst lookin for the device it jus keeps looking!

I have recently purchased an m3100 and am loving the device, i wanted to synce my old (broken) m5000 then sysnc my new device to copy the contacts. but neither will sync!!! whilst lookin for the device it jus keeps looking!

Can you be more specific? Have you just upgraded your version of activesync for instance?

Guest gibbo_ap
Can you be more specific? Have you just upgraded your version of activesync for instance?

i jus installed the version of async on the m3100 cd (v4.1.0). i am need to sync my old one because i needed to wipe my laptop.

i jus installed the version of async on the m3100 cd (v4.1.0). i am need to sync my old one because i needed to wipe my laptop.

I suspect async has not added the requisite info to your firewall. This happened on one of my laptops. Three of the .exe files were added but not the fourth. Just set your firewall to allow everything for every .exe file in program files/microsoft activesync. I think it was ceAppMgr.exe that was missing in mine. Weird, cos it worked fine on my other laptop which runs the same AVS.

Guest gibbo_ap
I suspect async has not added the requisite info to your firewall. This happened on one of my laptops. Three of the .exe files were added but not the fourth. Just set your firewall to allow everything for every .exe file in program files/microsoft activesync. I think it was ceAppMgr.exe that was missing in mine. Weird, cos it worked fine on my other laptop which runs the same AVS.

thought that was gonna work, but comes up with an error; "critical comunication services failed to start try resetting the device and then connect again." i got that msg when i turned off my firewall, i tried to ublock that file but didnothing so totally "dropped my pants" and i got that message???!!!

Guest gibbo_ap
thought that was gonna work, but comes up with an error; "critical comunication services failed to start try resetting the device and then connect again." i got that msg when i turned off my firewall, i tried to ublock that file but didnothing so totally "dropped my pants" and i got that message???!!!

oh and it displays the <=> arrows on the phone as if it were connected. on async it says it is connected on some screens on other says thhere are no devices paired.

any help u can give is appreciated cheers

oh and it displays the <=> arrows on the phone as if it were connected. on async it says it is connected on some screens on other says thhere are no devices paired.

any help u can give is appreciated cheers

First thing I would do is go into Async and delete any pairings that currently exist. I would then switch off the firewall and connect the phone. If this doesn't sync, with the phone still connected I would then go into Start-Control Panel-System-Hardware-Device Manager and expand the USB section and delete the entry for your phone. Disconnect the phone and next time you connect it should reinstall the drivers for it. Other than hard resetting your phone not sure what else to suggest.